Sous Vide, who's got em!

patriotn11

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
GENO
Any one use them and recommend this for stored vacuum sealed cooked BBQ and other foods!

I have been looking at this one

https://www.amazon.com/Anova-Culina...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WTEH3CVKXC8HN1MD7CX2

It's usually $159.00, a guy on eBay is selling one he got as a gift, still seal for $99.00 and $19.00 shipping but hesitant on eBay buying, unless I ask him to drop the shipping and get it for the $99.00 and free ship!

Any ways thank for any input and recommendations!

Thanks, I'm looking at it to cook boneless skinless chicken breast, I heard they come out not dry but juicy!

Absolutely the best boneless skinless chicken breast I have ever had were Sous Vide, so good they do not require a sear, however I do add a pat a butter to each breast prior to sealing vac sealing. Additionally I can't see a reason for the 900 watt unless you were trying to heat more than 20 quarts of water for multi-day cooks.

Absolutely the best boneless skinless chicken breast I have ever had were Sous Vide, so good they do not require a sear, however I do add a pat a butter to each breast prior to sealing vac sealing. Additionally I can't see a reason for the 900 watt unless you were trying to heat more than 20 quarts of water for multi-day cooks.

Thanks for the reply, this sounds fantastic then!

I love sous vide for processing chicken breasts and thighs, steak, pork belly and pork chops to be seared off later. I don't enjoy it for BBQ cuts like ribs, pork butt or brisket

I have that model. Overrated for cooking, great for reheating bbq. That is not a bad deal, but they run them on sale a couple times a year. I think I paid $79 for mine.

I love sous vide for processing chicken breasts and thighs, steak, pork belly and pork chops to be seared off later. I don't enjoy it for BBQ cuts like ribs, pork butt or brisket

I was thinking being I always smoke more then I need and was going to vac seal it up and freeze, then sous vide it when needed!

I also use my Sous Vide for cooking wild game tenderloins and backstraps, perfect temp every time.

I have a dozen diy sous vide and a few retail anova's. One of the best things to make sous vide is salmon. Brine the salmon for a few hours with a simple 1/4 cup kosher and 1 qt of water. rinse and pat dry, sprinkle some dill on top place in bag with tbsp butter and cook @ 137.5F for an hour. Drizzle hollandaise over the top and serve with sauteed asparagus. You're welcome.

I've got the same one at Xmas. Made a real good Omaha steak from frozen (bacon wrapped filet--removed the bacon) as well as one of the best pork chop (moist) I've ever made. Just did a couple of bone in chicken breasts tonight from frozen. Again, wonderful moisture and cooked perfectly. Just browned it in a pan for like 2 minutes to get a nice crust on it.... One of the best ways to get that moisture in a cut of meat.

Pork butt, etc. I will still smoke...but great for cooking other cuts of meat then just sear off in a hot pan.

I have a dozen diy sous vide and a few retail anova's. One of the best things to make sous vide is salmon. Brine the salmon for a few hours with a simple 1/4 cup kosher and 1 qt of water. rinse and pat dry, sprinkle some dill on top place in bag with tbsp butter and cook @ 137.5F for an hour. Drizzle hollandaise over the top and serve with sauteed asparagus. You're welcome.

I hate to say it but I'm in my late 50's and yet to taste salmon but this ^^^^^ might just make me buy one!

I got that same one for Christmas. Awesome for fish. I did a prime strip with it that I finished on my cast iron plate setter in the egg atlnd it turned out great, too.

Eggs are supposed to be badass but I haven't tried that yet.

The only negatives I've heard about Anova is the newer models require you to download their App in order to use. For that reason alone I bought a Yedi Wand with no wi-fi, just plug it in and set time and temperature.

My favorite thing to cook so far are monster bone-in pork chops with a quick sear to finish. Perfect all the way through.

Back