Soup-Stew and Chili Season Continues

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Had all the ingredients (ie leftovers) to make a pretty decent Garlic Mushroom Cheesy Broccoli Soup. Sautéed purple onion, celery, garlic, chopped red potatoes and chopped broccoli. Added stock- Garlic chive cream cheese and no sugar yogurt. Threw every kind of cheese we had in the ice box including Gouda, cheddar Italian blend, velveeta and blue, allowed to simmer a while and added portobello and bigger broccoli cuts. Seasoned with Everglades and cracked pepper corn.

Served Christmas.

Last edited:
Didn’t have carrots but had 1/2 baked sweet potato. Chopped and added toward end.

Great day here for soup, wont get out of the forty's today, had snow flurries this morning... Nice work on the soup BTW.

Nice!

Freezing rain and going to be 8° with wind tonight. Only problem is my fridge is empty of leftovers as I've been working out of town but would gladly eat a couple of bowls or your MSU soup. :)

Was out for my walk, wind turned north, just checked noaa overnight 17* chance of ice and snow. Fired up PBC and accelerating my brisket cook.

It’s biting cold. The barrel coming up with a blend of hickory mesquite and oak kept me outside a tad longer than I should have.

Last edited:
While the Bride has been watching the Olympics I’ve been pouring over YouTube Q Pr0n.
Mr Franklin has a really good video on aerodynamic brisket trimming. Not sure it applies to the PBC but we’ll see. Years from now Ill be using the artistic culinary skills I’m aquiring. Bride won’t know who won any event two weeks after closing ceremonies.

Maybe not a good idea to share that thought with her Adams... :)

Back