THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
jeanie
Another camp meal at the lake. I was lucky enough to catch a few catfish, and brought some okra with me from the garden. I'm actually tired of hushpuppies right now so okra sounded good.

I didn't take a pic of the catfish, but they looked just like the last ones.
wK1C3Gx.jpg

Got a fire going..

Gx0pQe4.jpg

FHTL4K2.jpg

coated the catfish in a cornmeal, flour, cayenne, lemon pepper, salt blend...

nybmUze.jpg

8LzsPH6.jpg

lh0xnDA.jpg

nA83GTg.jpg

nCVVj8B.jpg

FXflfXV.jpg

B4L3lds.jpg

I ate quite a few, hot off the fire, so by the time they were finished, I was pretty full.
I settled down with a few, a cold beer and enjoyed the evening.

OQwDENy.jpg

X8fGEhq.jpg

It was a nice night!

DIip85J.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Good looking plate of food there. With the temps dropping, I should find some time for some fishing myself.

Looks awesome! Wife won't eat seafood, so I rarely get fish. I do the occasional salmon on the Blackstone...really need to get something to fry.

Looks great neighbor - Relaxing evening!

Caught a few trout with the grandkids but just cooked in foil on the coals with butter garlic salt and pepper. We caught just enough for lunch and the little buggers got me to debone them all for them.

As always, the food looks great. I love okra too.

What variety do you grow? I grow a variety called Louisiana Green Velvet. It is a very heavy producer and the pods stay viable up to 6-8 inches and sometimes longer before they turn woody. The plants also bush out as they grow. My plants are over ten feet tall right now. You should try to find some seeds for next year and try a few plants.

What bait do you use for the Cat Fish?

Thanks,

Robert

Looks great, Jeanie! I know what you mean about eating "hot off the fire". When I do a fish fry l'm full when it's time to sit down to eat.

I wish I could be tired of hush puppies! :laugh: I don't eat them often, but I sure do love 'em!

Catfish and okra - that's getting right to it, Jeanie - love that stuff - a lot! Nice cooking right there - the food and setting look fantastic, and I have no doubt you & yer crew had a fantastic, relaxing time.

Looks awesome! Wife won't eat seafood, so I rarely get fish. I do the occasional salmon on the Blackstone...really need to get something to fry.
Thanks so much! Too bad about your Mrs.. I have friends who won't eat fish too. I bet your Blackstone salmon is delicious!:grin:

Looks great Jeanie! Like that custom koozie as well. :clap2:
Thank you John! That koozie has been through a lot. lol

X8fGEhq.jpg

Just YUM.

Thanks Mike! :hug:

Looks great neighbor - Relaxing evening!

Caught a few trout with the grandkids but just cooked in foil on the coals with butter garlic salt and pepper. We caught just enough for lunch and the little buggers got me to debone them all for them.
Shoot... Your trout sounds amazing Neighbor! Bet the grandkids will remember the experience for the rest of their lives. Thanks! :cool::grin:

Great looking fish!

I will have to try okra one of these days.

Thank you Daddy-O! Okra is one of my favorites, if it's fried. :grin:

As always, the food looks great. I love okra too.

What variety do you grow? I grow a variety called Louisiana Green Velvet. It is a very heavy producer and the pods stay viable up to 6-8 inches and sometimes longer before they turn woody. The plants also bush out as they grow. My plants are over ten feet tall right now. You should try to find some seeds for next year and try a few plants.

What bait do you use for the Cat Fish?

Thanks,

Robert
Thank you Robert! I like the sound of the Louisiana Green Velvet. Will look for seeds here. I planted a variety this year. Some that I had from last year, mostly Clemson Spineless. They always grow so fast, I have a hard time keeping up with them before they get too big. I slice and roll the okra in cornmeal, then bag and freeze. Also make pickled okra. Your variety sounds like what I need. Thanks for the info!
My favorite catfish bait is Sonny's. I also use worms and minnows. :grin:

Food awesome as always Hard to believe but the location may actually be better
Thanks George! I really like the little lake. If I hit it during the week, it's quiet. :grin:

That is so talking to me!
Thank you Blue! I'd share if you lived closer. lol

Looks like a great feed and a fantastic evening!
Thanks for sharing!
Thanks Terry! It was a nice week. I need to go one more time before winter sets in. :grin:

Looks good. Used to wade rivers up north fishing for catfish. Miss that.
Jim, I bet that was fun!! I'm not brave enough to noodle but an not opposed to walking a river. lol Thanks!

Looks great, Jeanie! I know what you mean about eating "hot off the fire". When I do a fish fry l'm full when it's time to sit down to eat.
Thanks Gary! I envy you and your fishing. You have it made. I imagine your fish fries are fantastic! :cool::grin:

Fantastic, as always!

Thanks so much Lunchman! :grin:

I wish I could be tired of hush puppies! :laugh: I don't eat them often, but I sure do love 'em!

Catfish and okra - that's getting right to it, Jeanie - love that stuff - a lot! Nice cooking right there - the food and setting look fantastic, and I have no doubt you & yer crew had a fantastic, relaxing time.
lol Greg! You can have my share of hushpuppies. Not sure what's going on, I'm tired of cheese too. Hope I get over it. :laugh:
Thanks Greg... It was a nice week. :)

FABULOUS!! I WANT SOME:grin::grin:

Thank you Smokin! Bring your chair and favorite beverage! :laugh:

Back