Solenoid valve for stoker fan build?

bscriver

Found some matches.
I started looking at my options for some temperature control for my UDS, and decide to skip the Party Q and just build my own out of a case fan, ammo box and Inkbird Itc-1000 controller I had left over from my brew controller build. Im planning on putting a 3/4 solenoid on my fan box output (a 3/4 black iron nipple), however i noticed on the temp controller and stoker fan builds around the net nobody else has done this.

Is there any reason why i wouldn't want the stoker fan output closed if the fan is not running? I had planned to place the stoker on one of my 3/4" vents that currently is capped, so that i can leave my one valve open just a touch to keep things moving when the fan isn't on. Thanks in advance

Is there any reason why i wouldn't want the stoker fan output closed if the fan is not running? I had planned to place the stoker on one of my 3/4" vents that currently is capped, so that i can leave my one valve open just a touch to keep things moving when the fan isn't on. Thanks in advance

If your fan is pushing 0%, then yeah you want the valve closed up. I don't know if you can input your own PID settings in that controller, but if your pit and controller are properly tuned then you don't need to keep a valve open "to keep things moving".

Back