Contest Announcment Smokin' on Big Creek, Pleasant Hill, Missouri (April 1-2, 2011)

After Kookers Kare, we now have I believe 31 entries for this year's edition. That's about half full and just a heads up, last year after Kookers Kare, the contest filled up in about two weeks or so. If you're planning to cook, get 'em in! And PLEASE... sign up to do at least one of the People's Choice contests, better yet both! It's only $15 each category and ALL the money goes back to people's choice prize pool. The reason we push this so hard is that it's what draws the public out to the contest and they buy tickets to sample it. All that money goes to charity! You can bring pulled pork you might already have in your freezer or just pre-cooked from earlier in the week and re-heat. You don't have to serve it or mess with the public on it at all - just turn it in for BLIND public voting (locals have no advantage!) and wait for the results! If you enter pork, Jeff Spurgeon (KC Can Crew, KC Customs) gives you a butt. If you enter pork, he provides about 4 pounds of wings per team so you even get something for your $15! We encourage bringing extra wings to cook though if you want more votes!

I have a bottle and a half in the freezer in the garage. Haven't touched the stuff since the 2009 Great American BBQ when I drank nearly a 750 ml bottle of it (about 3/4 bottle) from an hour before first turn-in to the end of turn-in's! :shock: The resulting display was less than stellar. :redface:

You better stay away from that stuff, Jeff. Rich and my head still hurts.. And we didn't even drink any!! ROTFLMAO!!:becky:

But we love ya, man!

Rich and Bunny
KCass BBQ

After Kookers Kare, we now have I believe 31 entries for this year's edition. That's about half full and just a heads up, last year after Kookers Kare, the contest filled up in about two weeks or so. If you're planning to cook, get 'em in! And PLEASE... sign up to do at least one of the People's Choice contests, better yet both! It's only $15 each category and ALL the money goes back to people's choice prize pool. The reason we push this so hard is that it's what draws the public out to the contest and they buy tickets to sample it. All that money goes to charity! You can bring pulled pork you might already have in your freezer or just pre-cooked from earlier in the week and re-heat. You don't have to serve it or mess with the public on it at all - just turn it in for BLIND public voting (locals have no advantage!) and wait for the results! If you enter pork, Jeff Spurgeon (KC Can Crew, KC Customs) gives you a butt. If you enter pork, he provides about 4 pounds of wings per team so you even get something for your $15! We encourage bringing extra wings to cook though if you want more votes!

OK. Sign us up for that too, Jeff. I'll mail ya $30

As of yesterday we are up to 34 teams. They are trickling in each day. With a little over 30 days to go we are planning for a full contest!

Four weeks from tomorrow we will be back at it for the 4th Annual Smokin On Big Creek! We are up to 49 paid teams and several more that say they are coming but haven't seen the money! Get your entries in everyone!

Actually, Stan, I re-counted and there's 50. So 16 spaces left. And one of those is going to Rod Andson's fundraiser so if you won't be there in Iowa to bid on it on March 19, there's only 15 spaces left! And if you're signing up, PLEASE add the people's choice to your entry!!! It's for charity and we're behind from what we had last year with bigger crowds expected!!! Last year, we had about 18 pork and 20 wings entries. This year, we're about 12 pork and 13 wings!!! We make it really simple for you... no handing it out yourselves, blind judging (so locals don't have the advantage) and you can cook your pork (and wings for that matter) ahead of time and bring to re-heat. Thanks to Jeff Spurgeon (KC Can Crew) who sponsors people's choice, each team entering wings will get about 4 pounds of chicken wings to cook and each team entering pork will get a pork butt to cook! ALL of the $15 per category goes back to the people's choice prize pool! So if you've already signed up but didn't do the people's choice and now would like to participate, please let me know ASAP - you can pay when you get here! Thanks so much!

Jeff,
Put me down for peoples choice pork. Tell Spurgeon to give me a couple butts when I get there. I'll pay when we get in. Is Thursday evening OK, about 9:00?

Actually, Stan, I re-counted and there's 50. So 16 spaces left. And one of those is going to Rod Andson's fundraiser so if you won't be there in Iowa to bid on it on March 19, there's only 15 spaces left! And if you're signing up, PLEASE add the people's choice to your entry!!! It's for charity and we're behind from what we had last year with bigger crowds expected!!! Last year, we had about 18 pork and 20 wings entries. This year, we're about 12 pork and 13 wings!!! We make it really simple for you... no handing it out yourselves, blind judging (so locals don't have the advantage) and you can cook your pork (and wings for that matter) ahead of time and bring to re-heat. Thanks to Jeff Spurgeon (KC Can Crew) who sponsors people's choice, each team entering wings will get about 4 pounds of chicken wings to cook and each team entering pork will get a pork butt to cook! ALL of the $15 per category goes back to the people's choice prize pool! So if you've already signed up but didn't do the people's choice and now would like to participate, please let me know ASAP - you can pay when you get here! Thanks so much!

We're definately in so put us down for the charity wings and butt.

KCass

Jeff,
Put me down for peoples choice pork. Tell Spurgeon to give me a couple butts when I get there. I'll pay when we get in. Is Thursday evening OK, about 9:00?

Thanks! Well, if you give me a call on my cell, Stan or I one will come back down and show you where your space is. We do an annual dinner at El Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant here in town on Thursday evening and anyone here by then is welcome to join us! We don't have the funds to pay but it's always a good time. Maybe you can arrive by 6:30 or 7 and join us?

Back