Smoker Dilema (Lang, Bubba Grill, SF)

Any of the three are top notch smokers. I own a Bubba Grills and have cooked on Shirley's also. They both run great and there is nothing bad I can say about either. It's basically a decision you are going to work out for yourself. You can't go wrong with any of them. It all boils down to which maker will be able to meet your timeline and needs.

Use the wait to your advantage. I changed my configuration about 2 dozen times. Watch all the videos, drool, measure, estimate, ask stupid questions. If I had just ordered and picked it up I would have made a mistake. I think the long wait helped me get the prefect SF for me.

The 3 smokers you mentioned was the exact 3 I had my decision narrowed down to (and I'm sure they are all great smokers). I actually had almost decided on a bubba grill when I ran across Shirley Fabrication. After watching some video's, and talking to Paul, I was sold on a Shirley. If there is anyway you can get by, a Shirley will worth the wait. Awesome Smokers, Awesome People! Shirley Fabrication is the way to go! JMHO

Awesome advice guys! I definitely need a warming box that can hold full size steam/aluminum pans! On my Carolina pig cooker, I cook smoked mac-n-cheese and baked beans.....really comes in handy heating on main chamber...would love to have a warming box. I also have a couple Carlisle "hot boxes" I use to keep the food warm and they are great as well. There was no question I wanted a warming/rib box, thanks for letting me know the SF 30" will hold full pans! I'll keep you guys posted on final decision! I'd like to purchase one of these to hopefully compete locally at events down the road.....but catering/cooking at large church events will be my main focus! Blessings, Mike

Wow, I knew Paul and Tyler were doing well but 5 to 6 months wait time shows me he's doing really well! Thankfully, I was one of his first customers a few years back and I think my wait time was 2 weeks I think. Shows how much his buisness is growing. Could not happen to better people! And my patio shirley was the best money I have ever spent!

Wow, I knew Paul and Tyler were doing well but 5 to 6 months wait time shows me he's doing really well! Thankfully, I was one of his first customers a few years back and I think my wait time was 2 weeks I think. Shows how much his buisness is growing. Could not happen to better people! And my patio shirley was the best money I have ever spent!

We need an old-school Shirley in this thread!
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=209002

Any of the three are top notch smokers. I own a Bubba Grills and have cooked on Shirley's also. They both run great and there is nothing bad I can say about either. It's basically a decision you are going to work out for yourself. You can't go wrong with any of them. It all boils down to which maker will be able to meet your timeline and needs.

That Bubba Grill can sure turn out some good times and good cue!!

Back