Smoked Spam

Nice looking Spam, Cowgirl.
I like the introduction of the brown sugar. Nice addition. :wink:

Weiser

Thank you Ken and Chris!
Chris, I will give your method of slicing thin a try next time. Thanks for the tip!

Attachments

• Sponge Bob Spam.jpg
    Sponge Bob Spam.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 150
Gonna have to try smokin' some of that Colorado Brisket. Great lookin' grub!

Thank you folks! It was kinda tasty, I plan on doing it again sometime.
Thank you MB and Zydeco!
Max, hope you have good luck with the scotch eggs. Any sausage will work, I had made too much chaurice so I used it. lol
Also, thanks for checking out my blog. :wink:

Weiser, I like your Sponge Bob. :) I really liked that brown sugar, it was nice and crunchy. Ok the crown wasn't bad either. :biggrin:
Thank you Jestridge, Gary, George, Frognot and Bret. :wink:

Just pulled one of these out of the weber. 1\4 tsp each of mustard powder, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper. 2 tsp garlic powder and 3 dsp brown sugar. No whisky.. sadly, but next time that or rum.
Holy woooooohooooo... yummo. If the stuffed turkey roll is half as good I'll be living it up on brownie points for the rest of the month.
Cheers Cowgirl.
(As an aside, the turkey is cheaper.. since when did spam hit the gourmet price list?)

I usually fry up spam for an Asian Style omlete... go figure... well the kids love it..

This is awesome Jeanie... SPAM Huh! :crazy:

I thought about it a few times but never really commited to doing it up right. This makes me want some spam, I can't believe I just said that.:doh::thumb:

SPAM is going on the smoker next major BBQ I have, but I'm not going to tell the guests what it is until it is all gone. Your's looked really good Jeanie, and I sure do love some Crown, that's my favorite flavor!. Just smoked my first chunk of balogna recently and it came out real nice, but I think I like that deeper cutting technique you've got there in that SPAM.

Thanks friends!
Jack yours sounds great!! Thanks for the tip on the turkey roll...I've not tried one of those.
Thank you Bill and Jacob. :)
Thanks Kevin! I hope it turns out well for you. I kinda like that crown flavor too. :)

Thank you Wampus, Deepsouth and Jestridge. :cool:

This is an old post but I've smoked many spams since then.
They cayenne, brown sugar, whiskey is still my favorite. :-D

037-3-2.jpg

If you're not into spam you might like smoked bologna..

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60224&highlight=spam

Thanks again...

you do make me want to try this. hahahaha. i know i could never get it past the wife though. i'd have to eat it myself!

you do make me want to try this. hahahaha. i know i could never get it past the wife though. i'd have to eat it myself!

lol You have to be sneaky!! Smoke one and cut it into pieces before she sees what it is. lol I do that to my friends.. it works! :becky:
Good luck and let me know if you try it. :-D

Back