Smoked Pork Loin with fresh fettucini and Portobella Mushroom Cream Sauce

That looks like one heck of a meal! Grass fed pork? Please elaborate.

Grass-fed or pasture raised pork tastes so unlike "store bought" pork. It juicier and has a sweeter flavor. Typically the pigs are put in a pasture and allowed to graze on grasses. Their diet is supplemented with whole grains, vitamims and often times fruits and vegetables. And you pay a premium for this, but in the case of this meal it was worth it.

Looks great! The pork looks awesome in the second shot (the pieces that are not covered by the sauce :))

Very nice Larry... Just thought one thing was funny... about trying something "more complex" that you usually do.:confused:

Everything you do looks complex to me!:twitch::hail:

Cheers!

Bill

This is fancier than Pork Mousse filled Habaneros with Irish Cheddar, but just a little bit. It's the squash that pushed it over the edge.

Larry,
man that looks delish!!!! can't wait to try the mushroom sauce recipe, thanks!!

I like to use a lot of salt when making pasta, also, I do not boil it, I simmer it. I also like to use a lot of salty water to simmer pasta. I use about 1/8 cup of salt to at least 6 quarts of water for a pound of pasta. I use no oil while simmering or after removing from pan. I like to dress pasta with a little of the sauce I am going to use in a medium hot saucier, along with a few splashes of pasta boiling water. This dresses the pasta with the sauce it will be served with, adds a smoothness to the overall dish and creates a moist surface. Cooking the water and sauce in makes for a tastier and more nicely textured surface.

Larry, that looks terrible. :drama:(The nurse told me it could make you sick.) Ship it to me and I will dispose of it accordingly...:laugh:

Back