THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D

drunk chicken

A buddy of mine says you can smoke almonds at home. Anyone ever tried it on their BBQ rig? I'm all ears....:wink:

And if you like a little sweet heat.... you can take honey cut with apple juice as your liquid.... then add plowboys yardbird rub to the nuts. cook in a similar fashion... not to hot, to ensure you dont scorch the sugars in the rub/honey.... They turn out great as well. Neil's nuts = savory w/ a kick. Yardbird nuts = sweet w/ a lil kick. Both are excellent. I must say, I dug in and helped steve play with a batch of Neils nuts, and they were awesome. Luckily, I am comfortable enough in my manhood to say that.... NTTAWWT

Yuper. The RGC of the American Royal was at my house on the trial run of Neil's Nuts. :icon_cool He even helped me make a concoction to substitute for the Yashida's that we I could not find. Then I got to try Andy's nut recipe at the Midwest bash. Both are good but I like Neil's nuts better, although Andy's pork is the best in the world. Ohhhhh Andy. :wink:

I have the fixins to do 2lbs of each type of nuts this week. :) I'm addicted to both!

Awwww schucks... I'm glad you liked the pork, even if you couldnt believe how I was prepping it! :)

Smoked Almonds are awesome. A search will yield a ton of different hits.

Over-smoked (burnt) almonds are not so good. :icon_sick

Almonds, Pecans and Walnuts. Candied and spiced up. A little melted butter, some Dizzy Pig and they don't last very long!

100_2184.jpg

I myself prefer smoked almonds with about a tablespoon of olive oil and sea salt 2 tablespoons of granulated garlic, and about 1/2 tablespoon of chipotle powder tossed, to coat, and smoke smoke over mesquite until almonds are "done" an nice crispy snap to them.

Back