Contest Results Smoke On The Water - Hot Springs, AR - Sept 19 & 20, 2008

had a great time this weekend glad I got to meet some of the brethren

Congratulations to all that got a walk

All I can say is Wow, What a Contest! It was an honor to cook amidst all those great cookers. Thanks to all the Brethren that stopped by to chat and see the new pit. She cooked very well. I've got a little bit of a learning curve yet with the pit but I think I've got it figured out for the most part.

Congratulations to all the Brethren that got their names called on Saturday. These guys are truly the best of the best!

This weekend was a blast. Well, other than that pork entry that was turned in but we won't talk about that here. It was great to see a lot of my Brethren (and Sistern) this weekend and congrats to all of those that got calls.

Dallas, it was good to meet you and Donna. Sorry we showed up while you were prepping but it was so nice of you to take the time to show us the pit and talk for a bit. I am still in awe over that pit and love the logo.

Kim and Andy....thanks for helping me to see the light and adding "toy hauler" to my list of Father's Day gifts :mrgreen:. Seriously, it was great to finally meet ya'll and thank you for the hospitality Friday and Saturday afternoon. Kim, thanks so much for the garnish tip and Andy, I'm so glad you found your azz when ya'll got that pork call.

Wayne, it was nice to finally put a face with a name. Sorry we interrupted your nap, brother. But be honest, telling tales over a couple of brews beats the heck out of sleep, now doesn't it? Between you, Andy, Jeff and Justin, ya'll had me in tears with your jokes and stories.

Rodger....I'll never forget walking up to your site in my brethren shirt and you recognizing it right off the bat and making us feel at home. It was good to meet you and your brother and thanks for the Shiners too!

And finally, Jeff and Stacy.....we sure didn't expect you to be there but were so glad to see you again. It was like Pine Bluff all over. Ya'll are always a blast to hang with. I have the chicken tips burned in my memory now and will put them to use soon.

Looking forward to seeing all of ya'll next year in either Little Rock in the spring or Hot Springs in the fall.

I'm just wondering, can a competition count as a mini-bash??

A huge congrats to all of the brothers that got to take that walk at this Allstars of BBQ contest.

Wayne, it was nice to finally put a face with a name. Sorry we interrupted your nap, brother. But be honest, telling tales over a couple of brews beats the heck out of sleep, now doesn't it? Between you, Andy, Jeff and Justin, ya'll had me in tears with your jokes and stories.

Richie it was an honor to meet you brother - besides who needs a nap at a BBQ contest

Rodger - is was great to meet you as well, you were a great neighbor - thanks for the beer, stories and especially for the coffee on Sunday morning before we left.

Double D - nice meeting you and your new cooker...very nice.

There were several other brothers (1moreford was one) that I met that I can't remember right now - it was good to see everyone.

Dustaway - good seeing you again and don't forget you knives when you come up to the royal...see you in a couple of weeks.

This weekend was a blast. Well, other than that pork entry that was turned in but we won't talk about that here. It was great to see a lot of my Brethren (and Sistern) this weekend and congrats to all of those that got calls.

One note -- Wayne ended up delaying that nap until about 10:00p on Sat. night. Considering we left at 1am to get there.... He was up for over 40 hrs straight!!! Now that is serious BBQ Comp skills there, bro. I always have a blast cooking with Wayne, and this time was no different. I'm sure glad he and the Mokan Boys came together to cook several years back. It's made for some great stories over the years.

Congrats to all the Brethren who competed here and especially to those of you who received a call. It was an excellent contest.

Thank you to Dallas of Double D's for the invite to hang out with you and Cliff. I learned a lot from y'all.

It was a great pleasure to meet everyone and associate faces with the names I've seen on the forum these years. There were a few folks I didn't manage to look up. Hope to find you another time somewhere else.

Glad to see everyone checking in and posting safe and sound from the trip.

Joe

Congrats to everyone, didn't get to do much socializing at the contest, look forward to meeting you at another contest.

Chris

Back