THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Smoke Ninja, what rotisserie rack is that. I've been thinking about getting the cajun bandit rotisserie kit for my kettle and have not come across a basket like that that i could use with it.

I've never heard of putting mustard or mayo on chicken or a mustard rub on ribs etc. But that's the reason I'm a member of this fine site. To learn. I'll have to give the bird a try int The Big Easy with mayo because of your excellent post.

Thanks!

Mayo also does wonders to replace egg/flour when breading chicken. I make my chicken parm with mayo instead of egg and its banging

Interesting stuff. Looks like mayo has been peer reviewed and come out on top. Totally different styles. Kinda a backyard vs comp feel to the two. Im glad you added that.

What i take most from all this "testing" is a liquid slather, for whatever reason, seems to produce a better skin with more flavor.

Nice experiment, Steve. I'm doing a whole chicken on the rotisserie tomorrow night. Think I'll try a mix of mayo and mustard on it. I'll let you know how it comes out. Thanks for posting.

"Each thigh was seasoned lightly with tony Cs and a coat of this garlic herb rub before the slather". Really? Sounds backwards.

The Tony's was done before the slather, sorta a dry brine

The coarse layer went on top... guess that invalidates the results :becky:

Back