Contest Results SIDE vs Myron

Thanks sean and ronelle. I appreciate you all so much and apologize for being too sensitive at times.

Aside from the fact that we may have fried my nice video camera in the rain it was a hell of a battle! Myron strolled in with a whole crew a couple minutes late and drank a half a red bull for a little bit of energy (3 kids with 100+ temps don't bode well for my stomach ailment!).

We were given strip steaks, chicken breasts, sausage, flank steak, thick bacon and some veggies, and 20 minutes to cook 1-on-1. And then the skies started pouring about five minutes in and I turned to Myron and said something like "welcome to cooking in the Northeast"!

We had some great back and forth banter, I reduced some wine in a foil boat then used it on a veggie stuffed, coffee rubbed flank steak with a cherry smoked sausage and veg stuffed roasted red pepper and a southern smoked bacon coleslaw on side.

Myron cooked a steak, a kebob and a chicken breast I think. I won on appearance and on taste which was cool!

congrats!:clap2:! looking forward to hanging out at NewHolland!!!

by the way...you can skip the sausage catagory this year...let some one else have a shot!!

thanks for the video, looks like a great time...to bad you only had 1 cooker to use...Im sure you stuff would have turned out even better if you had more cooking space!!!

Clint, thanks for the video!!

BBQ "in the northeast" looks a lot like BBQ in the northwest!! That's some rain!!

Congrats on the victory brother!! I'd give my left one (it's not my favorite, though) for a win over Myron...hell, I might even give the right one too!!

Way to go!!

Its all good. If you can't cook on whatcha got then you can't cook. I freaked them out a bit with my new reverse plank method but the food turned out good.

Dude, I still need to cook on that I'm just so proud of your work.

I know man! I'll make you a sign if you want one. I just hate for you to spend the money on that grate and never use it. It's like buying a BYC and not wanting to burn off the paint! lol...

I am really proud of you for beating Myron. I also watched the tail end of the CBS thing on Memorial Day and saw Myron lost that. I was hoping Neil woulda' won that one but when he didn't, I was saying "anyone but Myron please!" lol.

He seems like a nice guy in person and he's brought out the bad boy tv personality which the producers of TV shows love so he has watch-ability for some but his tagline "the winningest man in BBQ" makes me root for him to lose.

Didn't want to take this off course. Really proud to know you man and know you've cooked on my micro-machine and you haul around my steel! :hail:

Back