Shrips On The Barbie...Recipes?

I did find U-4 shrimp at a local store once. They were massive, have never seen them again. :sad:

I think the only way to solve this mystery is that these are Shrips. A cross between Shrimp and prawns.

But i am a Yankee, so what do i know.

I just know gulf shrimp. Have had some from the middle east that are farmed with hormones added but it is a tuff sell here in Louisiana. No taste kindda like the hormone chicken we get these days. The gulf coast states have a real problem with imported shrimp as well as crawfish and I support them 100%.

Last edited:
I think the only way to solve this mystery is that these are Shrips. A cross between Shrimp and prawns.

But i am a Yankee, so what do i know.

Shrimp + prawns= shrawns

I just know gulf shrimp. Have had some from the middle east that are farmed with hormones added but it is a tuff sell here in Louisiana. No taste kindda like the hormone chicken we get these days. The gulf coast states have a real problem with imported shrimp as well as crawfish and I support them 100%.

Very true. Gulf shrimp have real shrimp flavor. White shrimp have nearly no flavor.

I tried the recipe cow posted (#11) in this thread.

LuzziAnn made the marinade.

Shrimps skewered and ready for the grill after marinade for 15 mins.

Rfmg9rR.jpg

Fzg5yXe.jpg

Kept the grill heat running between 325 - 350*F. About 3.5 per side.

0suUE0O.jpg

kwRdPPi.jpg

Plated:

3Tp8xEm.jpg

This turned out Great! A small amount of heat but the shrimp flavor came through nicely. I'm subscribed to this thread now because folks have posted some other great recipes I've got to try.

Thanks for all the help! This recipe is a keeper for sure!

I know i am just a Yankee so shrimp isn't a local resource for me. But i found a good way to really bring some "shrimp flavor" to bland shrimp. I use salted shrimp from my asian market. You can marinate your bland shrimp in it, or use it in a sauce for shrimp. I like to use it in shrimp scampi, and its amazing in habatchi shrimp fried rice.

Do not confuse with fermented shrimp/shrimp paste. This taste like fresh shrimp straight out of the ocean.

rhubarb-4357.jpg

Spicy shrimp
1/3c siracha
1/3c olive oil
1tsp worchestershire
1tsp sugar
3 garlic cloves SMASHED
1/3c chopped cilantro
S&P to taste
16/20 peeled and deveined shrimp

Mix together in a zip lock bag and marinate for at least 3 hours, skewer and grill!

Last edited:
Back