Showing off for breakfast (not bbq)

aawa

Babbling Farker
Well this morning I had to try to impress someone with my "cooking" skills. I wanted to do up some cinnamon rolls to enjoy with a fresh cup of coffee, but I wanted something more than just a cinnamon roll. I lucked out and had some sweet potatoes that I roasted off on the kettle from Saturday's dinner. So I threw together a quick sweet potato puree.

Then I went to town to make this. Sorry I couldn't get more pictures of the process, my hands were doughy/floury and I didn't want to get it all over my camera or phone.

Sweet potato/pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls w/ salted caramel icing.
YTCFe59.jpg

Base recipe for the cinnamon rolls and optional to alter them some.
Dough -
2 1/2 cup all purpose flour
2 tablespoons white granulated sugar
1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
1 full stick of butter (cubed small)
Optional - 1 cup pumpkin puree, can also use sweet potato or acorn/butternut squash. If you do this, you might have to add a little bit more flour or buttermilk/milk

Mix dry ingredients together. Once combined add the cubed butter (want the butter super cold and hard) and fork it till combined.

Mix wet ingredients together till nice and smooth. Then add to the dry ingredients and need till thoroughly combined. You might need to add a little flour to keep it from sticking to the countertop and finger tips.

Roll out to a thin sheet of dough.

Cinnamon Filling
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
3 teaspoons cinnamon
Optional - 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, 1/2 teaspoon all spice, 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger

Combine all ingredients till mixed up.

Melt 1/2 stick of butter and spread over the rolled out dough. Put the filling over from edge to edge of the butter dough. Roll dough up into a log and cut into even rolls. Place on a buttered baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven until done (15-25mins depending on how you like the interior)

Frosting was store bought, that my roommate had opened and I just used what was left.

Great idea and perfect for this time of year! They look amazing man!

I love cooking seasonally. You get the products when they are at their peak perfection. This time of year is one of my favorites since fall flavors are so distinct.

I'm sorry, did you say Sweet potato/pumpkin spice cinnamon rolls w/ sal..................................

Hahahaha. My fb blew up when people saw the pumpkin spice w/ salted caramel icing. I think i could show a picture of a turd and put pumkin spiced w/ salted caramel and everybody would want a bite.

Hahahaha. My fb blew up when people saw the pumpkin spice w/ salted caramel icing. I think i could show a picture of a turd and put pumkin spiced w/ salted caramel and everybody would want a bite.

Yeah I love me some pumpkin flavor and with salted caramel on top of that :clap2::clap2:. After seeing your picture I also thought this meme

I'm not a big pumpkin fan, but I will keep the recipe handy in case I need something.

Here is a recipe for a great icing for your rolls.

17) Cinnamon Roll Icing
10 oz. cream cheese
3 Tbsp. milk
5½ oz. powdered sugar
1) Mix together with Kitchen Aid mixer and paddle attachment

That looks and sounds absolutely amazing.

It was nice and tasty. It is pretty quick to make too since no yeast is involved.

Always enjoy your cooks!
This one looks great!
Thanks for sharing your recipe!

Thanks buddy. I am always impressed with your cooks as well.

I'm not a big pumpkin fan, but I will keep the recipe handy in case I need something.

Here is a recipe for a great icing for your rolls.

17) Cinnamon Roll Icing
10 oz. cream cheese
3 Tbsp. milk
5½ oz. powdered sugar
1) Mix together with Kitchen Aid mixer and paddle attachment

That is actually really similar to the cream cheese icing recipe I use. Mine has a little bit of vanilla in it. Thanks for sharing.

I would weigh a ton if I lived anywhere close to you!!!

Cooking has made weight loss for me slow. These are just little treats for me here and there.

Wow, I think breakfast for dinner tonight is the thing.

Do it up and let me know what you think.

Looks great.

Sorry if I missed it, but one ?? though, did you let the dough rise any before baking it?

The dough did not need to rise. It is a quickbread/biscuit style dough.

Back