THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Now the precedent is done for Paul to take every pit pickup visitors to dinner ...

On another note: Since Paul's doing dinners, Chris Goodlander, what are you going to do for me? :grin:

We went to dinner. I do believe that Paul would go to dinner with anyone that picks up a cooker. I think Paul really enjoys talking with everyone. I'm pretty sure I'm not special in that category.

Congrats on the new cooker and welcome to the family! Paul and Sharon really are about as nice and friendly as they come! You will love cooking on your new Shirley! They truly are the best!

Congrats! I have been emailing Tyler the last few days about my build...just got to get to a point and pull the trigger. I love my ceramic cooker, but I need to explore new opportunities and I need more capacity!

This story moved me. I'm small town and so much appreciate personal touch in a world that moves so fast. Thank you for sharing your buying experience. I try to teach our people about the long lasting value in providing special personal buying experiences to our customers... This one is above and beyond! Congratulations on your new pit and new freinds.

Congrats on the new Shirley!! I've been looking forward to your delivery story.

Now, how about pics of the weekend long cook?

That's a heck of a ride!! I'm very lucky that my drive will only clock in at 515 miles round trip. Just waiting on my day! My first cook is going to be a charity cook to raise money for Child Abuse Prevention! Should be a blast!

Last edited:
I got my 24x75 cabinet in March. Drove through a blizzard from Cincinnati to past Nashville!
Got to the Shirley's, had a mattress for the back of my Suburban to sleep on, they would have NOTHING to do with that.
Sounds like we dined at the same place. If you got the Prime Rib, I know it was good eats!
Paul and Sharon truly like old friends. Best part for me was when they asked if they could pray for me and the trip home.
Love that family!!
BTW.... The cooker rocks too!
Welcome to the SF family brother!!

I wasn't abLe to meet Paul (he had worked the night before), but I met Sharon, Tyler, Ross, and the crew. All of them were down to earth and very polite/cordial. This was just a couple weeks ago. I left them a bag of my rub and lexington style bbq sauce (NC). Tyler sent me a text a wek later and complimented me on both and wanted to know if I sold it, said others loved it he was cooking for. Tyler followed it up a couple days later asking how it would taste on quail. I figured once I picked up the trailer, I wouldn't hear anything (sure many leave them samples)......but Tyler was very respectful and down to earth! I've heard many others say, "welcome to the SF family"........I understand why now.......the Shirley's make you feel like family!

Back