She's Heeeeeeeere! The Hunsaker

I think I could dig on a 26-1/2" grate. That's a lot more real estate over a 22.5". I don't like slinging 2 grates on my drum- just a pita. a 40% bigger single grate? Yes please.

I think I could dig on a 26-1/2" grate. That's a lot more real estate over a 22.5". I don't like slinging 2 grates on my drum- just a pita. a 40% bigger single grate? Yes please.

I would be interested to see the larger size. I've done a few cooks now using 2 grates though I could have easily taken 2 cookers with me. To make life easier on those cooks I only access the lower grate once after putting stuff on to take things off that can then finish in an oven wrapped up.

Obviously the larger the cooker the less mobility and added weight. But if it ain't moving anywhere it would be sweet :-D.

I would be interested to see the larger size. I've done a few cooks now using 2 grates though I could have easily taken 2 cookers with me. To make life easier on those cooks I only access the lower grate once after putting stuff on to take things off that can then finish in an oven wrapped up.

Obviously the larger the cooker the less mobility and added weight. But if it ain't moving anywhere it would be sweet :-D.

There we go. I'll take a 30 and a 85 to complete my set of three. :becky:

What's the pan under the drum for? Catching ashes?

Just to catch any drippings. I was told initially it may leak because of the drum being brand new before it's seasoned well. Ashes fall in the ash pan and I just dump it out. Easy enough.

Not much really dripped.

njsLnPIh.jpg

Hell ya!:thumb:

I sold my instantly. Had to chose a buyer lol.

Wow horrible typing on my part, glad you were able to decipher it :becky:

Anyway my PBC is about 5yrs old and has seen some good use. It’s been my quick chicken and rib cooker during that time and I like to think I have it dialed in pretty well - I have no issue to crack the lid for higher heat if needed.

That being said I like the multi level grates and larger size of the Hunsaker so if I want to wrap after hanging it’ll give me more space. I’ve also wanted a heat deflector at times so the vortex is nice :clap:

So that’s what I was thinking lol :icon_shy

I’ve also wanted a heat deflector at times so the vortex is nice :clap:

When I had a WSM 18.5, I used to cook with a clay diffuser in place of the water pan and directly over the coals at times, the Vortex plate gives you the best of both worlds imo, plus you get even cooking temps across the cooker.

Wow horrible typing on my part, glad you were able to decipher it :becky:

Anyway my PBC is about 5yrs old and has seen some good use. It’s been my quick chicken and rib cooker during that time and I like to think I have it dialed in pretty well - I have no issue to crack the lid for higher heat if needed.

That being said I like the multi level grates and larger size of the Hunsaker so if I want to wrap after hanging it’ll give me more space. I’ve also wanted a heat deflector at times so the vortex is nice :clap:

Must've been the excitement during typing.:biggrin1: btw I meant to say mine not my.

Soooo...which color are you thinking? Or is yours already on the way.:heh:

PBC is a hot item. Sell almost instantly.

Just to catch any drippings. I was told initially it may leak because of the drum being brand new before it's seasoned well. Ashes fall in the ash pan and I just dump it out. Easy enough.

Not much really dripped.

njsLnPIh.jpg

Bigger cooks I get dripping, but I one butt or even brisket and i don't get much.

I've held out for months, but this thread broke my will...ordering now.

Back