THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F

Fletch711

We are having about 40 people over to the house this weekend for a party. I'm serving the pulled pork along with lots of other things.

While I'm okay on the amount of pork I need to cook, I'm wondering if anyone has tips to keep pulled pork 1. Safe for eating 2. yummy for about a three hour window.

In the past I mix some sauce in with the pork ( I know it's not competition style), but everyone seems to like it that way. Should I hold off if feeding people over a long period of time like that?

Thanks.

-- Fletch

I usually put it in the crock pot (or similar device) with just a little apple juice on the bottom and turn it on warm. The appliance keeps the food nice and hot while the juice keeps it nice and moist.

Just did an event for 30+ people (here). I double wrapped the shoulders and put them in a warm cooler with a towel. We pulled two at a time and shredded them but to be honest, they were all gone within 60-75 minutes. And that's with ribs and additional sides. I don't think you will have any issues

Back