Seasoning my LSG IG IVC and fuel consumption test

FrozenTundra

Knows what a fatty is.
I'm finally getting around to seasoning my Lone Star Grillz Large Insulated Cabinet Smoker.

I oiled it up with 2.5 large cans of WalMart canola spray.
Put the T-Plates in a maze setup and dumped in a 15.4 lb bag of Kingsford original and lit a few briquettes with my torch.

Put the BBQ Guru Pit Viper fan on and set the top pit damper, Pit Bull fan slide damper and the ball valve to 1/3 open (a big thank you to member harleykids for all the great info in that LSG 162 page monster thread)!

I set the Fireboard Drive to 225, hung an ambient temp probe from one of the sausage rods and closed the doors.
That was 20+ hours ago and it's still chugging along. I couldn't be happier so far.
Weather: temp has been in the 50's and very windy.
Pit temp has stayed between 218 and 242 with it being within 5 degrees of the 225 set temp the majority of the time.

z7NW8DN.jpg

dTI2HQV.jpg

4RybFuR.jpg

NyJ0sAV.jpg

Y3fvOIw.jpg

d1OWFCl.jpg

Everytime I see that thing it makes me smile. I bet it's much better actually owning it..

Wow - there really is a difference between the larger units and the PeeWee. When I received it last month I did a test and got 67 hours out of 15 pounds of Weber briquettes. No ATC - just the ball valve.

Yours is still really great also!

Wow - there really is a difference between the larger units and the PeeWee. When I received it last month I did a test and got 67 hours out of 15 pounds of Weber briquettes. No ATC - just the ball valve.

I was pleasantly surprised, was thinking 20 maybe.
67 hours is amazing!

Now I have to put food in it :)

Yeah but can you fit 20 briskets? :boxing:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nah...just 6-9 depending on size. That's wayyyyy more than I'll ever need!
Made me laugh. Pee-wee can cook 6 briskets. Some bigger offsets can't fit that many. I know the mini can do 12. Terrible names in relation to capacity. :heh:

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Made me laugh. Pee-wee can cook 6 briskets. Some bigger offsets can't fit that many. I know the mini can do 12. Terrible names in relation to capacity. :heh:

Thankfully I'm comfortable enough with myself that I'm ok admitting I own something called a PeeWee. :mod:

Actually I would have like to have gotten the Mini, but I really wanted to be able to get both the PeeWee and Assassin 48 Grill/Smoker and stay at my $4K budget. For me the extra money spent on the Mini just wasn't worth it.

Back