THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DerHusker

Babbling Farker
This is something I make more as an appetizer than a meal or main dish but the portion size could be adjusted for that. I learned how to make this from a Party (Fishing) Boat Captain at the Day at the Docks event here in San Diego. When we go out and catch lots of Tuna (Yellow Fin, Blue Fin or Albacore) I have to be creative with ways to use all that meat. This recipe is great for that because you can vacuum pack and freeze individual portions of this and eat it up to a year later.

First get yourself some good quality Ahi Tuna.

Gather your ingredients.

Now place a C.I. skillet or griddle on a medium high heat. Let it pre-heat for 10 minutes.

Now cut up the fish where most is approximately 1” thick.

Spread out some of the Seto Fumi Furikake.

I then spray the fillets with EVOO. (you could also rub or dip it)

Now dredge the fillets in the S.F.F.

After your skillet is smoking hot (the smoke didn’t come thru on this pic) place a fillet on and wait 10 seconds, (yes just 10 seconds) and turn to the next side.

Another 10 seconds and turn.

Another 10 seconds and it’s done. Now I usually place them in the freezer for 5 minutes to stop the cooking and firm them up for cutting.

While in the freezer I make up the dipping sauce of 1 part Sriracha and 4 parts Soy Sauce. (You can adjust the ratio to you tastes)

5 minutes later and we’re ready to slice. Cut each slice approximately 1/4” to 3/8” thick.

OMG! Look at that color!

Plated and ready to eat.

Yum! I hadn’t made this in a long time and I had forgotten just how delicious it is. :becky:

Back