Scallion Pancakes

I found this recipe on your site, and will be sharing it! I figure if I can make them, and they taste half as good as yours look...then it will be a hit.

I love sending out cowgirl links. It's always "...I never thought of that, it looks amazing, must try"

Canned bacon??? Is that regular smoked bacon, that is cooked and vacuum sealed? I have never seen that before but I am intrigued.

Hi Jeremy! Hope all is well with you!
It's partially cooked bacon that I pressure can. It's shelf stable for about 5 or so years.
I open a jar and either microwave the slices til crisp, or just fry in a skillet til crisp..
Here is a link to my blog post about it...

https://cowgirlscountry.blogspot.com/2019/11/canning-bacon.html

Thanks! :grin:

I found this recipe on your site, and will be sharing it! I figure if I can make them, and they taste half as good as yours look...then it will be a hit.

I love sending out cowgirl links. It's always "...I never thought of that, it looks amazing, must try"

Thanks Justin! Hope it works out well for you!
Thanks for sharing my links too.
Let me know when you get into canning!
Hope you and family are staying safe.

Someone asked me for the recipe awhile back and I forgot to post it.

This is really easy to make!

I start with 2 cups of flour..

7Id0X6F.jpg

add one cup of boiling water..

LQsRzg1.jpg

When cool enough to handle, knead for 10 minutes then cover with a damp cloth and let it rest for 35 minutes.

Divide the dough into fourths..

3KWEODZ.jpg

I used some of my home canned bacon for this but fry up a few slices of bacon...

EkAEI4g.jpg

6JV5uNz.jpg

hIbQiyH.jpg

O01lFre.jpg

Roll each fourth of dough out and spread with bacon drippings, sprinkle with salt, add crisp bacon and sliced scallions.
You can use anchovies instead of the salt but I usually go with coarse salt.

d7tqcP0.jpg

Roll into a log...

ieXzxSK.jpg

Pinch to seal the ends...

qnBCDQX.jpg

Roll into a "snail" shape....

MqI79il.jpg

Then flatten to about 1/2 an inch thick...

9b3rA86.jpg

Fry on both sides, til crisp and golden...

H6AiXcA.jpg

Cut into serving pieces...

bu11vkL.jpg

I like to dip them in a sweet, spicy dip, but they are great without anything.

VuWZ5XK.jpg

I like to make these to fit my toaster. I bag and freeze them and when I want one, I can crisp it up in the toaster.

I've heard these called scallion pancakes, chinese pizza, or onion cakes.
Just something different and easy to try!

Thanks for looking!

I like it.
I had a fantastic experience with your receipe for Corn dogs, so... I'll try also this one for sure!

Thank you! This is awesome. I turned my wife on to scallion pancakes awhile back. We both like them a lot.

Do you make the dipping sauce or just source locally?
If you make it could you share a recipe please?
Thanks!

I like it.
I had a fantastic experience with your receipe for Corn dogs, so... I'll try also this one for sure!

Thanks mbt! I'm really happy the corn dogs turned out well for you. Thanks for letting me know! :grin:
Hope you and family keep safe!

Thank you! This is awesome. I turned my wife on to scallion pancakes awhile back. We both like them a lot.

Do you make the dipping sauce or just source locally?
If you make it could you share a recipe please?
Thanks!

That's great Speed! Glad to see you're a fan of these pancakes too. They are so handy to have around.
I just used a store bought hot/sweet chili sauce.
Thanks!
Keep safe!

Thanks mbt! I'm really happy the corn dogs turned out well for you. Thanks for letting me know! :grin:
Hope you and family keep safe!

Yes, thanks. Ev'thing ok here in North-east. Seems that the "darkest hour" is going to finish.
we tried a different receipe for corn dogs time ago, but we didn't like it.
Your is absolutely outstanding

Yes, thanks. Ev'thing ok here in North-east. Seems that the "darkest hour" is going to finish.
we tried a different receipe for corn dogs time ago, but we didn't like it.
Your is absolutely outstanding

I'm so glad to hear that things are looking better!! It's been a scary ordeal for so many. Hopefully things will improve by summer!
Thanks about the corn dogs! I'm glad you liked them. :grin:

They look really good!

Thanks so much! They are really easy to make. I like them hot out of the skillet but reheating them with the toaster works pretty well.
Take care..

Thanks for sharing the recipe Jeanie, and it goes without saying they look delicious.

That is some Amazing looking food!! I keep saying that on all my responses. But I've got no other words. I'm hoping to be at that level someday.

Well Jeanie I'm rarely surprised when I open one of your posts. Because I always expect the best. But this time you have far exceeded my expectations...

Nuff said.

Thanks so much everybody! Hope you have great luck with them.

Jeanie,

Looks tasty. Do you fry them and then freeze before the toaster or straight to freeze then toaster?

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks Robert! I roll them out small enough to fit into my toaster slot. After frying, I let them cool and wrap them for the freezer. It handy to be able to thaw one out and toast it til crisp, for a quick snack or meal.

I eat most of them as soon as they are made though, any extras go to the freezer.

Thanks so much everybody! Hope you have great luck with them.

Thanks Robert! I roll them out small enough to fit into my toaster slot. After frying, I let them cool and wrap them for the freezer. It handy to be able to thaw one out and toast it til crisp, for a quick snack or meal.

I eat most of them as soon as they are made though, any extras go to the freezer.
Thanks Jeanie. I've got to put these in the rotation. Perhaps add a little fattie to them or smoked sausage and maybe some jalapeno.

Robert

Back