THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bacon is my preference if I had to pick one. My bacon gravy is a whole lot better than my sausage gravy. And I would easily eat bacon by itself for breakfast. Sausage is a meat I prefer to eat with other food.

I usually choose bacon unless the sausage is a Fatty then the Fatty wins.

This is an impossible question to answer, at least for me. I love them both but if someone was holding a gun to my head I would probably go with sausage. Only because growing up we always had a hearty breakfast and thick sausage patties were common.

Baconamerica first!

Petit Jean is the gold standard here, but it costs so much now, that I only buy it as an occasional treat. I usually buy great value thick cut, 12 oz package.

I always get to a point where I crave breakfast sausage. Agree that it's good with pancakes, or better yet, pecan waffles. I don't buy maple flavored sausage, because I like real maple syrup on my sausage. Jimmy Dean sage and Williams are my favorite brands.

Back