THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You assume wrong. I do compete and I do win and I don't use store bought sauces or rubs and it doesnt cost 700 dollars to make. I would be willing to bet I could go through your frig and pantry and pull off a wining sauce. These big name teams make their own and then make a ton of money selling basic ingredients to other lower level teams. When I found out majority teams on the pro circuit were useing store bought sauces it was a big let down for me and I lost a lot of respect for those guys as well. Hey this is just my opinion and we all know how opinions are. All it akes is a little ketchup, chili sauce, corn syrup and about three other ingredients and you got yourself a sauce. Happy smoking!

Did we get your team name yet? Maybe your call sign I guess. I like the pot stirring :razz:. Always nice to meet other brethren teams. Doing any of the upcoming GA comps?

Never said it was for the wrong reasons. I get tired of reading these post by teams that lose because of (insert excuse here). The top teams could post their rub/sauce recipe online and still beat 99% of the people on this site. Its always they use a special cooker, they use electronics, they use store bought this or that. Im sorry if you took the brunt of this rant but somebody always assumes that their ego and sense of pride is whats holding them back from winning. Its not.

I actually haven't seen many, if any for that matter, posts of teams winning or loosing because of this or that. This thread was nothing more than some people being shocked how many teams use store bought stuff. Do I care, nope, like I said, for me it's a pride thing...I enjoy the challenge of making my own stuff, if it works great if it doesn't, well back to the drawing board.

Like I had mentioned earlier, I was under the impression that most teams make their own rubs, sauces ect....the fact that a lot don't it's surprising...does it affect anything about the comps I go into, no, do I care about being beaten by them, nope...don't really understand why the pot stirring, but every forum has one or two of you around...like being at work for me, but I get paid to deal with this stuff there.

I actually haven't seen many, if any for that matter, posts of teams winning or loosing because of this or that. This thread was nothing more than some people being shocked how many teams use store bought stuff. Do I care, nope, like I said, for me it's a pride thing...I enjoy the challenge of making my own stuff, if it works great if it doesn't, well back to the drawing board.

Well technically it was a thread started where someone simply asked "Is there any other sauce being used besides BH....?" and then it derailed before the first page ended :becky:.

Like I had mentioned earlier, I was under the impression that most teams make their own rubs, sauces ect....the fact that a lot don't it's surprising...does it affect anything about the comps I go into, no, do I care about being beaten by them, nope...don't really understand why the pot stirring, but every forum has one or two of you around...like being at work for me, but I get paid to deal with this stuff there.

Guess it's gone from being the best cook wins to who can buy the most chemicals and preservatives to enhance their meats flavour.

unfortunately there's more than one or two of you around that think this way.

If I buy sauce at the store and mix it with other stuff, it is no longer store bought sauce. It is an ingredient in my recipe. Who the hell has time to make ketchup or Worcestershire sauce?

I know someone who made Worcestershire sauce and said it blows away the store bought stuff. Its on my mile long list of things to do.

Ketchup I'll keep buying. :focus:

Back