THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BeardedBassGuy

Full Fledged Farker
My dad and I built a old school cinder block pit at his place yesterday. Pics can be found here
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259346

It's temporary for now, but will be moved and made permanent in a few months. I've never built one nor have a cooked on one before so it was a fun learning experience. Temps got away from me once the fat starting hitting the coals and flaring up, and I ran north of 400 at one point. It was really hard to keep track because I ran off and left my inkbird at home in DFW and all I had was a small thermostat in the pit on the grate.

Anyway, I was rushing the cook because we had a major thunderstorm hitting (raining now) but it turned out ok. Not the best I've ever done but definitely edible.

Separated the point and flat on a prime brisket (the second of the 2 from Czarbecue) and had 3 natural pork butts as well. All the food is going to be prepped and vaccum sealed for my mom and dad. Mom was diagnosed with cancer 2 weeks ago and is having surgery Tuesday. So this should help them with meals while she recovers

Thanks for looking!

b4oyJf3l.jpg

kk9U0hjl.jpg

m5vRc97l.jpg

Back