Saturday Cook: Cinder Block Pit Edition

BeardedBassGuy

Full Fledged Farker
My dad and I built a old school cinder block pit at his place yesterday. Pics can be found here
https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=259346

It's temporary for now, but will be moved and made permanent in a few months. I've never built one nor have a cooked on one before so it was a fun learning experience. Temps got away from me once the fat starting hitting the coals and flaring up, and I ran north of 400 at one point. It was really hard to keep track because I ran off and left my inkbird at home in DFW and all I had was a small thermostat in the pit on the grate.

Anyway, I was rushing the cook because we had a major thunderstorm hitting (raining now) but it turned out ok. Not the best I've ever done but definitely edible.

Separated the point and flat on a prime brisket (the second of the 2 from Czarbecue) and had 3 natural pork butts as well. All the food is going to be prepped and vaccum sealed for my mom and dad. Mom was diagnosed with cancer 2 weeks ago and is having surgery Tuesday. So this should help them with meals while she recovers

Thanks for looking!

b4oyJf3l.jpg

kk9U0hjl.jpg

m5vRc97l.jpg

Back