THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ronbrad62

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Ron
It has been a while since I cooked a brisket, so thanks to Kroger's recent sale, today I rectify that.
I prepped the Bubba Keg Kamado last night in hopes of getting it on around midnight, but some rain moved through and I decided to wait until morning. I have post oak chunks to provide the smoke.
Up at 5:30 to light up and trim the brisket. I separated the point and flat to cook faster and to season more exposed area of the point for some killer burnt ends. I used Sweet Rub O'Mine Texas Beef on both pieces and a light dusting of Meat Church Holy Voodoo on the point for extra kick (that stuff has a strong presence of cayenne).
After 3 hours at about 275, I was temping 175-177 on both pieces and wrapped. I didn't expect it to be quite that quick. More to come.

Attachments

Anyone that can make it here before it's all gone is welocme.
The flat is resting and the burnt ends back on to do their magic. These are honestly the best burnt ends I have ever made. Next week, there will be a country music station playing a song about them.
There is a pan of baked beans below them, and I would settle for mediocre BBQ if the baked beans were fantastic.

Attachments

Nice looking burnt ends! Looks like a little bit of Texas went home with you.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone that can make it here before it's all gone is welocme.
The flat is resting and the burnt ends back on to do their magic. These are honestly the best burnt ends I have ever made. Next week, there will be a country music station playing a song about them.
There is a pan of baked beans below them, and I would settle for mediocre BBQ if the baked beans were fantastic.

Damn they look great :clap:. Love the burnt ends any day.

Back