THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yazoo Delta Q took the MIM-style GC. They got a really awesome trophy that featured a huge wooden Washington Monument. I think I know now where those really high entry fees went.....

Yazoo Delta Q took the MIM-style GC. They got a really awesome trophy that featured a huge wooden Washington Monument. I think I know now where those really high entry fees went.....

High entry fees? They are pretty cheap when you consider $375 got you in to the 4 KCBS categories, 1 MBN category, the Ranchers Reserve Best Beef Category and the BBQ Sauce contest! :cool:

High entry fees? They are pretty cheap when you consider $375 got you in to the 4 KCBS categories, 1 MBN category, the Ranchers Reserve Best Beef Category and the BBQ Sauce contest! :cool:

Well, there was also the $150.00 for electric hookup. So we paid $525.00 total for a 20' x 20' space and no water hookup. It was a lot of money for a two person (one family team) in comparison to other contests in the region.

Well, there was also the $150.00 for electric hookup. So we paid $525.00 total for a 20' x 20' space and no water hookup. It was a lot of money for a two person (one family team) in comparison to other contests in the region.

Didn't realize the fee for electric. I'd say its still not out of line for all those contest entries and chances for a call but thats just me. I will say that is steep for an electric hookup.

We got to cook in 2 major contests with some of the best of the best teams in both contests. Our view was straight down Pennsylvania Ave and my kids got to walk over and see all the major sites of DC. We got to sleep on the streets and we weren't homeless. .. if given the opportunity, I'd go back in a heartbeat.

An amazing pain in the ass contest, still, one of the coolest places ever to cook. When you can look one way and there's the Capital, look around and see the Washington Monument and say you are cooking bbq on Pennslvania Avenue- there is a lot of value to that. A contest everyone should try at least once.

Last year we planned ahead and took our daughter for a tour of DC. Go see all the reasons why we are still the best Country in the world. Also, you just can't cook a whole hog in Paris in front of the Eiffel tower, but by gosh I cooked one in front of the most important places in our country.

An amazing pain in the ass contest, still, one of the coolest places ever to cook. When you can look one way and there's the Capital, look around and see the Washington Monument and say you are cooking bbq on Pennslvania Avenue- there is a lot of value to that. A contest everyone should try at least once.

Last year we planned ahead and took our daughter for a tour of DC. Go see all the reasons why we are still the best Country in the world. Also, you just can't cook a whole hog in Paris in front of the Eiffel tower, but by gosh I cooked one in front of the most important places in our country.

I think that captures it pretty well. I should be cynical about the venue since my spot was literally two blocks from my office, but it's still pretty neat. Yes it was over $500.00, load in was a pain in the ass (particularly for the "little guys" who had to wait as the big rigs went in ahead of us) and the only water I got was what I could carry in a Homer bucket. But I got to cook on a half block that had you guys as well as current and former KCBS TOY and the current MABA TOY. And we actually got a call in chicken, so I can always point to that golden bird and say I earned him on the streets of Washington DC.

Back