THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Presentation is the easy part. If you (or anybody)want to go over the main points of a presentation we will be happy to walk anyone through it. Look us up on Saturday if you have time, or if you are just doing ribs watch a couple of hog presentations and adapt for ribs.

Cooked it last year. Can't make it this year. Between the cost and heading the opposite direction to take our son to camp it just isn't working out. Couple of tips...

1. Bring more extension cords than you think you need
2. Bring more hose than you think you need
3. Be patient with load in. Load out is actually pretty easy.
4. It is going to be HOT and HUMID. You are cooking on asphalt. Watch out for each other and signs of heat related issues.
4. Thats about it.

This has got to be the most unique spot for a cook-off. I wish I could have made it back this year. Good luck to everyone.

My co-captain and I volunteered for a team out of Atlanta (5 Star BBQ) last year at this and it was so awesome that we started Smokis Porkis BBQ. This will be our 3rd contest under that name and hope to bring home a little something for momma this time!

I hope to meet all of you...please stop by and introduce yourself to us young'ens.

Jeff

anyone have the cooks packet for this? I've managed to put mine in a safe spot and I can't find that safe spot. If anyone has extra wrist bands, I could probably use a couple of those. I think those are in that envelope int he safe location I have secured...

Thanks!

If the rules for the MBN are in there, that would be great. I have no clue what we are supposed to do, except cook ribs and bull**** with a on-site judge...

anyone have the cooks packet for this? I've managed to put mine in a safe spot and I can't find that safe spot. If anyone has extra wrist bands, I could probably use a couple of those. I think those are in that envelope int he safe location I have secured...

Thanks!

If the rules for the MBN are in there, that would be great. I have no clue what we are supposed to do, except cook ribs and bull**** with a on-site judge...

That would be three on site judges...
See you there. Travel safe.

after reviewing the cooks packet...are they really as strict as they say...it seems that everything you do results in expulsion...from bringing in your own alcohol, generator, no glass bottles, no radio during turn in times or after 9pm..etc...is it that bad??

Good luck everyone. Let's hope the temps don't push 100 and the humidity stays reasonable. I've jotted down all the team names on today's Washington Post insert and will see if I can look some of you up tomorrow.

Roger

This was posted on the BBQ Forum:

Grand: Quau: I hear 2nd Rib and a 1st pork
Res Grand: Cool Smoke: 1st Chicken, 1st Brisket
All I know, Congrats to Mike and Tuffy

Pork Barrel BBQ won the peoples choice for best sauce.

Roger and Marsha Wise (Pickin Porkers) took 3rd in both the Shoulder and Whole Hog MBN event and 5th Overall in the KCBS event.

Back