THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WilliamKY

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
William
I've always used the Weber cubes but the Rutland fire starters have won me over. They work just as good and there is no excess packaging for each individual starter. Also slightly cheaper $$. I really like how you break off the squares like a graham cracker and there is no chemical smell either. Weber cubes work fine but I'm changing brands.

Never heard of Rutland, but I'm willing to try. I've used the Weber cubes but lately have been using the RO Tumbleweeds. They're good. But then again so is a cotton+alcohol or a papertowl with a little cooking oil on it.

Thanks guys - something else to try and spend money on. Y'all are great! :)

A couple of years ago I found the Weber cubes on close out at Target for $1.50 a box. I bought them all! :-D

I am almost out, so I’ll give these a try.

Propane to start my performer and a electric hot rod for the cowboy grill or smoker , propane torch some days just because lol

I've been using Rutland for years and I've found that I only need to use 1/2 of a square to get a chimney started, so my box will last twice as long.

I've used the Rutland squares for years, since I got the Bubba Keg back in 2010. I cut them in half which usually exposes some nice ragged edges which helps them light. Two squares does the trick, placed at 4 locations in the pile. I light them now with a propane torch instead of a bbq lighter.

The Weber cubes are fine but they crumble all over the place and getting them out of the packaging can be a struggle at times.

Chimney and a benzomatic torch. On the same propane bottle going on two years. Just don't see what the fuss is?

I first started using when I got the MB560. Fits perfect in the lighting bars? Found a great sale at TSC and stocked up. Been very happy with them

I use the side burner on my gas bbq......fill my starter with Webber briquettes, sit them on the side burner, spark it up and let burn for 10mins or so and all good from there

Back