THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

pbft

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Bill
I thought I'd post on a couple of mods that I had asked about earlier. I added a Camp Chef sear box to my RT340. It fits pretty well and works great. I made a shelf with a circular cutout for the propane tank base, and it *just* fits. I had to buy a 90 degree fitting and a longer regulator hose to make it work.

Since it gets cold here in the frozen north, I made a blanket for the Trailblazer. It's made of 1/4" carbon fiber welding blanket. Since the welding blanket is a bit fragile, I made a cover of scrap quilting fabric. It's stitched together with 10 lb spectra fishing braid, which is good for pretty high temperatures. It works great and lets me do pizza at 0 degrees. (that's US degrees for our Canadian friends, -18 north of the border).

rt340blanket.jpg

rt340rear.jpg

Doing a butt and a couple of chicken breasts today. Here's the warmup time with the blanket at 6 degrees outdoor temp. I opened it and put in the meat at 7.5 minutes.
warmup.png

Back