THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks for the report, Jeff. I'm glad that you were please with most of your food! It sounds like you learned a lot, and that's the real important thing! You'll do better next time, I'm sure!

Ron : We were close enough to Knock Heads at the Boone County Contest!! But we didn't get a chance to meet!! And have a few Laughs!!

I look forward to spending some time with you on the BBQ Trail!!

2006---- We will meet again!!

Spice

The results for the Royal are posted!! The Meatheads finished right where we have been cooking for the last several contests - middle of the Pack.

Overall - 283
Pork - 114th
Chicken - 285
Ribs - 345
Brisket - 331

Very disapointing for us - we thought our stuff was better than that - except for brisket, which wasn't good.

Hey Skip - sorry I missed you at the Royal. Ron told me you stopped by. We ran out of Japs for the ABTs and still had some filling left so I walked up to Price Chopper to get some more. Has to get some lettuce and parsley also - of course someone put it in the beer cooler and Friday night someone "moved it" to get a beer and it sat out all night. Kind'a limp. Had to get more on Saturday am.

I am a little disappointed myself...

Overall - 400
Pork - 331
Chicken - 408
Ribs - 420
Brisket - 283
Sausage - 150

Judge's individual opinions definitely come into play. Exhibit 1 - Our ribs. We received a 36 and a 32 from two judges, low 20's on two others and farkin' 18 and SIXTEEN from two others! How the heck can they be perfect to one, close to perfect to another and horrible to two others?

We didn't beat any Brethren teams but we did beat my wife's co-worker's team in three of the five categories we entered and they've been doing this for over ten years! They got us on overall by 20 places just because they scored over 200 places higher than us in chicken.

We're finishing in the top 100 next year by God!

Jeff, sorry I did not get to see you on Friday. I ran out of time and I had to get back home for my sons baseball game.
The Royal was a little intimidating to me. It was so large and spread out. But I am glad I scoped out the invitational for next year. Just keep on cooking and try to judge a couple of contest it really does help!!

Wayne sorry I missed you also. I only got to spend 1 and 1/2hrs at

I understand Skip. Kid's games come first!

Yeah, I'm going to get certified as a KCBS judge in January then try to judge a contest before I enter my first contest of 2006.

Hey Jeff,

Don't be disappointed, tough surroundings and I knwo we learned a lot form the experience. Rest up and good luck on the DeSoto event!

K

Back