THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I would like to add my .02 after speaking with a rep from RO they don't use any fillers in their briquettes they do use a modified corn starch as the binding agent. Also the Wally World 60% larger briquettes seem to burn fairly clean and produce a small amount more ash than RO lump but considerably less than K.

Thanks, so...Will I won't be able to put as much charcoal in my little wsm if I use the big RO chefs select briquettes?

The RO Chef's Select briquettes are physically larger than say K or the Regular Royal Oak briquetts (in the red bag). In the little baskets like you get in a performer like these:
413Y8RRKSKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The chef's select briquettes are big enough that for me I don't like them for this application.

In the charcoal basket in my drum though the RO chef's select work perfect, I would think they would work great in a WSM too.

Back