THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

robert-r

is Blowin Smoke!
The price for tri-tip has increased of late, so I've been on the lookout for alternatives. Found this for a decent price.

jrwEQ9O.jpg

Rubbed with Oakridge BBQ's Santa Maria. Ready to spin over RO lump and 4 big chunks of mesquite. Some foiled reds on a grate below.

jjHFPUg.jpg

One of the few times where the Meater's ambient temp agrees with Smoke's air probe. Usually happens towards the end of the cook.

OXfh7Hs.jpg

Pulled at 125*.

LJtpyfz.jpg

fL1yKrW.jpg

Short rest (we were hungry) and a few slices.

R7TYfBP.jpg

Some 3 bean salad and a little horseradish sauce... Time To Eat!

pJ19S2d.jpg

Dinner was great and we'll be having many Baltimore pit beef sandwiches for a while.

Beautiful. I've got a rotisserie that I use on my 22" Webber Kettle and 22" WSM smoker and am looking for some new cuts to cook. OP, or anyone, is this sirloin tip roast a good cut? Chewy? Tender? Tasty? Don't know anything about it. Please tell me what you know.

Beautiful. I've got a rotisserie that I use on my 22" Webber Kettle and 22" WSM smoker and am looking for some new cuts to cook. OP, or anyone, is this sirloin tip roast a good cut? Chewy? Tender? Tasty? Don't know anything about it. Please tell me what you know.

Thanks, Dave!

Yeah... sirloin tip is a good cut of beef. It's real lean so cook it to rare or medium rare & slice it thin. A reverse sear really tops it off (didn't do that for this cook). Makes a great sandwich. Horseradish sauce and thin slices of onion on a Kaiser roll really go well with it.

Back