Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Roc City Ribfest, Rochester, NY

Gail, thanks for the offer. I'll have my son and his friend to help out, but I may need an extra set of hands. Unfortunately I won't be able to get there until later on Friday evening. In fact I need to contact Brian and ask him for a pass for a later load in time. My son's friend has to watch his little brother until his mom gets home, so we won't be able to roll out from home until about 515. Didn't want to have to rush, but the kids come first!

Pelkster- you can always check with the Buckner Army. We'll be in the back corner where the boardwalk meets the pier. If the weather remains good, we'llk be on-site Thursday evening. If not, it'll be early Friday morning...so either way, we'll be there. Last year, Brian and crew spray painted our spot in the corner "Buckner Brothers Party Zone". I hope he does it again....the good luck brought us two RGCs that weekend!

Sincerely appreciate the offers for help! Hopefully the boys and I can get the ez-up taken care of. Matty B...I remember that spot from last year. Love the paint job ;) I'm still waiting to hear back on my request for the later arrival for Friday. I hope its works out OK. Thanks again to everyone for offering to help :grin:

This will be our first Roc City. It looks like we can get on site Friday AM?? Is there a Wal Mart in the area where a roaming team from Cape Cod might lay up overnight Thursday (motorhome pulling a trailer)?

What is the local cuisine one must try???...so far I only have a Garbage Plate on my list.

Having done RCR a few times with a motorhome pulling a trailer, I find the easiest thing to do is...go on Friday. Start really early, and get there before the 4PM cutoff. Stay over after awards, leave on Monday morning so you are driving well rested to drive back MA in one shot.

Having done RCR a few times with a motorhome pulling a trailer, I find the easiest thing to do is...go on Friday. Start really early, and get there before the 4PM cutoff. Stay over after awards, leave on Monday morning so you are driving well rested to drive back MA in one shot.

Great advice. We had planned on the whole Niagara Falls mini-vacation on the backside of ROC last year, but life got in the way, and we had to drive home Sunday after awards. I do not recommend it. On a normal day, sure. After that comp... eh not so much. I respect The Force, but don't like relying on it to get home.

I am more than willing to host the shot if no one else has laid claim to it. What time do we have it again? :doh:

Who's claiming the Sunday shot?

I believe cook's meeting is at 9am on Saturday if that helps the decision process. As for hosting the Sunday shot, I am unfortunately not an official brethren member as my post count is not yet to 50. Almost half-way tho! A flagrant violation of hosting a Sunday shot without being an officially sworn member of the BBQ Brethren would more than likely result in being permanently ostracized from this fine community....a risk I am not willing to take.

Too bad. Buckner Brothers is known to have an impressive display we've affectionately dubbed the "Brown Liquor Buffet". Perhaps I can muster up 27 more posts by Sunday morning...

Time to say hello to EVERYONE in Cattle Call!

Hope Josh is doing the breakfast pizzas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That pizza was ridiculous! And mimosas too? Not a bad way to start what was a beautiful Sunday morning....and the weather looks insanely perfect for next weekend! The anticipation is building!!!

Must one meet a 50 post quota to partake? or does he bring his own shot?

I'm not aware of any 50 post quota, but I could be wrong. Maybe somebody with more experience in this area could chime in. IMO, there is no better way to be welcomed into the Brethren than partaking in a group activity no matter how many posts one may have. I know I didn't have very many posts when I was invited to a Brethren dinner after the American Royal a couple years ago. They made me feel welcome, and I feel its my duty to pass that on. All part of the spirit of the Brethren.

Stop by, I'll pour you a shot personally.

That pizza was ridiculous! And mimosas too? Not a bad way to start what was a beautiful Sunday morning....and the weather looks insanely perfect for next weekend! The anticipation is building!!!

The mimosa breakfast the Good Smoke guys put on was DA BOMB!!!!
:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I'm not aware of any 50 post quota, but I could be wrong. Maybe somebody with more experience in this area could chime in. IMO, there is no better way to be welcomed into the Brethren than partaking in a group activity no matter how many posts one may have. I know I didn't have very many posts when I was invited to a Brethren dinner after the American Royal a couple years ago. They made me feel welcome, and I feel its my duty to pass that on. All part of the spirit of the Brethren.

Stop by, I'll pour you a shot personally.

Excellent!

I read about that 50 post rule somewhere on here until I am an "official" Brethren member...Didn't think it was a super stringent rule when it came to shots. Looking forward to putting faces to brethren names on here. The Buckner Brothers Army should be on site Thursday evening. Be sure to stop on by...

that goes for everyone!

Can't wait only a couple more days to go. We will be there on Wednesday night. Class Thurs and Friday then competitions !! This is such a well run contest. We look forward to it each year. Hope the Mimosas make a repeat appearance.

Back