Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Roc City Ribfest, Rochester, NY

Jimmy...take a walk and say hi to the Buckner Brothers....we should be in the back corner where the boardwalk meets the pier....looking forward to putting faces to names!

We'll be there, now if we can just find some good quality cherry wood locally so we don't have to bring it with us.
QorDie - or anyone else who might be interested, I will have chips and chunks available of every type of smoking wood you can imagine, including organic cherry. I am showing up at Roc City with a general supply, PM me if you want to place an order or need something specific. I'm not bringing sassafras but I can get it if you need it :grin:

I also will have 20 lbs. bags of Dragon Breath lump for those looking.

I will have Mojo Bricks Cherry and Oak if anyone has wanted to check them out

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2

QorDie - or anyone else who might be interested, I will have chips and chunks available of every type of smoking wood you can imagine, including organic cherry. I am showing up at Roc City with a general supply, PM me if you want to place an order or need something specific. I'm not bringing sassafras but I can get it if you need it :grin:

I also will have 20 lbs. bags of Dragon Breath lump for those looking.

HandsomeSwede? someone has an awfully high opinion of themselves...

Not that we can rely on the weather forecast this far out with any confidence, but so far Thurs and Fri are mid 70s with a 10% chance of rain....I hope it stays that way. What a difference from last year? While trying to hold on to our pop-up from blowing away in the wind on Saturday, one of the guys holding it down let go to take a picture and admire a water spout on the lake. Damn meteorologists! So fascinated by the weather, yet can't hold down a pop-up when you need him to...

Easy now - some of us were raised by meteorologists! Extended forecast looks decent, did I hear you are getting overnight duties on Thursday?

Easy now - some of us were raised by meteorologists! Extended forecast looks decent, did I hear you are getting overnight duties on Thursday?

Ha! Glad you understood my line about meteorologists and could understand my McLean would be fascination by weather phenomena. You heard correct about Thursday night. Elliot may or may not be there was well on Thursday night...but the plan is to get down there, get set up and at least myself will hold down the fort until reinforcements arrive. I know Butt Hutt might come down Thursday as well. What's the ETA of the Viking lander command module, or whatever you call it..

The Viking I Mobile Landraider will be docking on the shores of Ontario as early as possible on Thursday to commence cooking meat in order to feed the masses.

You should just stay through Monday with us and make it 5 days.

If it were not for the fact that the promise of a hot shower and a bed was only 15 minutes away, I might consider it...Might show up again on Monday for my buddies' show at the festival, but we'll see how it goes...

Get a room :idea:
Hope the weather is better. Hope there are no fights in the parking lot.
Hope I do better in the NEBS. We sucked out loud last year.

This will be our first Roc City. It looks like we can get on site Friday AM?? Is there a Wal Mart in the area where a roaming team from Cape Cod might lay up overnight Thursday (motorhome pulling a trailer)?

What is the local cuisine one must try???...so far I only have a Garbage Plate on my list.

There is a Walmart about 20-25 minutes from the competition site. Since you're coming from the East, I'm assuming your directions have you exiting on 490 near Victor. Keep on 490 and take it to 390N. Your directions probably have you taking 590N. Ignore that. It will be a giant headache. Exit at West Ridge Rd heading west. Keep going west and Walmart will be on your right hand side a couple miles down the road. (Here's a map if you need it http://mapq.st/JVDXn5 )

The directions I pulled from mapquest getting you from Mass. to the competition are pretty confusing. Here's a much easier way. From your sleepover at Walmart, head east on West Ridge Rd for 5-7 miles or so. Turn left on Lake Avenue heading north (first major road after you pass Kodak park). Take Lake Ave north until you get to the lake. There you are.

As for other Rochester eats, hold off on getting a garbage plate before the comp. They're will be make your own garbage plates Saturday night at the ROC. Not too sure about suggestions to eat tho, my mind is drawing a blank. There is every food type place imaginable on West Ridge Rd between your exit on 390N and final destination of Walmart.

Feel free to stop by at the ROC and say hi. We are right where the pier and boardwalk meet in the back corner. You're gonna love the ROC. Best venue for a comp by far! If you have any other questions, fire away...

I hope the weather is better. Matt, if the forecast changes its your fault cause you posted about it. :p Nothing like setting up for your very first competition in a rain storm by yourself. :doh I'm bringing an armed security guard with me to protect my Flyers jersey. It would be a shame if something happened to it...

Back