Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Roc City Rib Fest --> May 23-24 upto 42 Teams!

We (wife daughter and I) had an awesome time meeting everyone and competing ourselves for the first time ever!

We got in Friday and talked to them Ohio boys and Julie at Swamp pit who both talked me into competing for RibFest on Saturday ribs only on THE MINI! .. So I trucked over to Wegman's and got myself a really nice rack of babybacks, got my instructional class from julie on how to pull the membrane, she and skip came up to check in on me and tell me what to do... 4 hours later I turned in my first comp box (skip gave me an excellent class on a RIB box). Out of 62 Rib teams, we came in 26!

Julie watching me light the bugger..
IMG_1911.jpg

Getting ready to throw a rack of ribs on the mini for turn in and a rack on the kettle for us to eat!
0523091152a.jpg

Our site and my daughter being proud of daddy for trying.. :rolleyes:
IMG_1917.jpg

This is the first ever box I did with Skip's help..
IMG_1922.jpg

My box 30 seconds before I turned it in. The picture doesnt give the smoke ring justice. I got mostly 7's 8's and one 9.. I did have a judge less than impressed but oh well.. (he gave straight 6's)
IMG_1923.jpg

Gail getting me turning in before she ran over to get her turn in ready!
IMG_1924.jpg

AGAIN, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, AND YES, THANK YOU!!!! You guys have worked, and it showed, but, man, you better start planning now, because in order to top this one you are going to have to be amazing....now that we know where you set the bar the first year...
Your volunteers, staff, the city, county, sponsors, and the people of Rochester really showed that the event was wanted and they supported it 1,000%. See ya soon....

It really could not have gone off smoother! It was a beautiful location, great people coming in the gates, fun competitors in the "pits", dancing pigs even!

Congrats again to everyone who got called, everyone who organized, and everyone who showed up! We all won!

Great pics, looks like a really cool contest and congrats to all who competed and to those that walked as well; some great names involved on all fronts.

Roc City Post Script: Thanks to your support we were able to raise over $8,000! for the Golisano Children's Hospital. Just had to say thanks again, without you this would not have been possible! Just wait for Memorial day weekend 2010!

Fantastic job to all the Roc City people!!! What a great bunch!

This contest is absolutely wonderful, and it can only get better - because the organizers are COOKS too!!!!

See you all in 2010, if not before. And let's try to double that $8000!!!!

What a great contest, camping on the beach was awesome! The organization was great, you guys had your acts together! You will see us back next year for sure!

:icon_clown:icon_clown:icon_clown:icon_clown:icon_clownWorst comp I have even been too:icon_clown:icon_clown:icon_clown:icon_clown:icon_clown

I hope you can tell my sarcasm:lol:

Back