Roll Call. Inside 30 days. Roc City Rib Fest --> May 23-24 upto 42 Teams!

cackcast

Fri
May 22

34.gif

Mostly Sunny

71°
52°

20%

.tdBarChart table.tdBarChartTop td p {font-size:13px;} 1 Minimal

Sat
May 23

30.gif

Partly Cloudy

68°
50°

20%

.tdBarChart table.tdBarChartTop td p {font-size:13px;} 1 Minimal

weathers looking fine!!!!:lol::lol::lol:

hey brian... are pets allowed at Roc City? I looked everywhere and saw nothing on the website for or against. (no place near the cooking area, of course!)

another question... what happens if we don't make the 9 p.m. deadline for loading in on Friday (I am nervous of getting out of Mass w/Memorial Day traffic on the Pike)? We just sleep in the van in the parking lot until 6a.m.?

thanks ...
see ya next week!

hey brian... are pets allowed at Roc City? I looked everywhere and saw nothing on the website for or against. (no place near the cooking area, of course!)

another question... what happens if we don't make the 9 p.m. deadline for loading in on Friday (I am nervous of getting out of Mass w/Memorial Day traffic on the Pike)? We just sleep in the van in the parking lot until 6a.m.?

thanks ...
see ya next week!

We'll be there if you don't make the 9pm deadline so no prob. Technically pets are not allowed in the park, if you have to bring a pet you just have to make sure you keep them close.

Yes!! Ready to start the NE part of the summer tour....love heading down south to get a few contests in early, but, now it is great to not have to drive 8 hours to get to a contest.....hope that the weather guru spreads some good mojo our way....got a little soaked in Danville this past weekend....will be out there early Friday afternoon.....

Brian, are cars allowed on site?

The weather report I saw literally said that sat was supposed to be "beautiful." any idea of how cold things will get at night being so close to the lake?

We are really charged up about this comp, however I barely touched the smokers since oinktoberfest, so I'm expecting some interesting results.

Brian, are cars allowed on site?

The weather report I saw literally said that sat was supposed to be "beautiful." any idea of how cold things will get at night being so close to the lake?

We are really charged up about this comp, however I barely touched the smokers since oinktoberfest, so I'm expecting some interesting results.

We really need to get the cars out of the area, unless there is a compelling reason, we will have a lot for you after load in (not to far from the comp area). It could be a few degrees colder at night, kind of depends which way the wind is blowing (on shore, off shore). I don't think it will get below 50, professional opinion ofcourse :-D. And I'm sure you will do fine. Watch out for OC he has been on a pretty good run.

Saturday, May 23
03.gif

High: 70 °F RealFeel®: 69 °F
Partly sunny and beautiful

Saturday Night, May 23
34.gif

Low: 47 °F RealFeel®: 43 °F
Mainly clear

Sunday, May 24
03.gif

High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 68 °F
Partly sunny and pleasant

Sunday Night, May 24
12.gif

Low: 50 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Mostly cloudy with occasional rain and drizzle late

We really need to get the cars out of the area, unless there is a compelling reason, we will have a lot for you after load in (not to far from the comp area). It could be a few degrees colder at night, kind of depends which way the wind is blowing (on shore, off shore). I don't think it will get below 50, professional opinion ofcourse :-D. And I'm sure you will do fine. Watch out for OC he has been on a pretty good run.

Its a honda element, we like to catch z's in it,and it makes things easier when pulling out. We got screwed at the 2007 oink when they made us move out cars at night for the charlie daniels band and nobody told us we could move them back in the morning, and they wouldn't let us get our car to the site after awards, we had to haul all our stuff to the far lot! guess we're a little sensitive about that happening again.

I have no expectations for our results, I bulit up some serious mojo last summer and we rode it to 6th at the oink. But now I think the winter froze up my skills. I'm looking forward to getting a good run in for the rib off, hopefully it'll remind me how to cook.

There will be no prob with loading and unloading after the awards. That was a great showing at the Oink, we managed a 11th overall :sad: (darn chicken).

The problem is if I let one car in I have to let everyone and then we have a huge mess in our travel lanes. How about if you can fit it in your space, (20 by 30) strictly, no hanging over the lines (won't be able to move it until load-out Sunday). I guess this makes sense because I am letting trailers and a few small campers. I just want the travel lanes clear for emergencies and for the public to witness the magic :-D.

Thanks!

There will be no prob with loading and unloading after the awards. That was a great showing at the Oink, we managed a 11th overall :sad: (darn chicken).

The problem is if I let one car in I have to let everyone and then we have a huge mess in our travel lanes. How about if you can fit it in your space, (20 by 30) strictly, no hanging over the lines (won't be able to move it until load-out Sunday). I guess this makes sense because I am letting trailers and a few small campers. I just want the travel lanes clear for emergencies and for the public to witness the magic :-D.

Thanks!

I guess I should have been more specific...are cars allowed on OUR site?

We upgraded to the 20x30 at the oink and had no problem accommodating our stuff and the car.

when's the site map going to be leaked?

at the oink, we got killed in pork. Two top 5's, one top 10, and pork in the 30's...what the???

Right now, I know we can submit better chicken, maybe pork (we are lost with this one, but how could we do worse), the same in brisket, but I haven't been feeling ribs lately. I'll be psyched with another call.

In your site, no problem. others have to be cleared out.

Our oink performance was very similar: 4 ribs, 4 brisekt, 20 something pork, and near the end on chicken. Booo chicken (thats a different thread).

I have the map done, can prob get it out tonight along with prize payouts.

Saturday, May 23
03.gif

High: 70 °F RealFeel®: 69 °F
Partly sunny and beautiful

Saturday Night, May 23
34.gif

Low: 47 °F RealFeel®: 43 °F
Mainly clear

Sunday, May 24
03.gif

High: 68 °F RealFeel®: 68 °F
Partly sunny and pleasant

Sunday Night, May 24
12.gif

Low: 50 °F RealFeel®: 46 °F
Mostly cloudy with occasional rain and drizzle late

Thanks Sled, thats a little more like it!

three men and a baby back

Three mean and a baby back will be there, Enjoying Bourbon street this week and will fly into Newark Wed, and head up to Roc City on Thursday.

phew, such a looooooong walk.....laughs, what happened to cooker friendly?......lol.....thanks for all of the work that you have put into this event, and I think that you are seeing the fruits of your labor.....a great turn out!

phew, such a looooooong walk.....laughs, what happened to cooker friendly?......lol.....thanks for all of the work that you have put into this event, and I think that you are seeing the fruits of your labor.....a great turn out!

I'll second that. When we were originally looking into this comp, we were getting excited about it when we thought it was just a rib-off. now that's its a full blown kcbs with 40+ teams, we're really impressed.

does that 50 ft count cutting through 8-ball's site? I'll take back everything I told him about not wanting to be too close for fear he'll spy on us.

Will be mentoring my friends new team, Sanford's Smokehouse Gang. :-D Comming in for saturday after the rib fest.

Back