THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sam3

is Blowin Smoke!
Howdy all, been a while since I posted a cook.

I was asked to do a pig for a wedding celebration of young couple that we know well. He was just discharged from the USAF after 8 years of service, so it was my honor to do this for him and his new wife.

This was a 59 lb'er that I marinaded with a homemade mojo overnight.

Total cook time was @5 hours or so, 165 IT.

No pics of the sliced shots, it went FAST!

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
It sure sounds great. I wish the pics would show up. Can't see them.

Those cookers intrigue me....portability and simplicity.

I've never used one and wondered if a smoking tube would burn inside of it or is there too little air flow inside to keep it burning ?

I've had the pleasure of cooking with one of these 2X. It belongs to a friend of a friend. Really does a great job. And he added the grate on top so while the coals are cooking the pig inside we were grilling up above. Some day I'll pull the trigger and get one. Some day...

Yes links dont show but i can see them on my phone by tapping screen. On computer i believe its right click and view.

Nice piggy

When I right-clicked on the image, I was taken to Photobucket, where not only was no image displayed, but a message invited me to pay $59.95 per month to see this hidden image.

Oh, and there was also a nice little ad displayed with a young lady modeling panties for sale: three for $20.00 or some such. Don't know if that's a good deal or not but I've seen worse ads......

I've had the pleasure of cooking with one of these 2X. It belongs to a friend of a friend. Really does a great job. And he added the grate on top so while the coals are cooking the pig inside we were grilling up above. Some day I'll pull the trigger and get one. Some day...

I thought the whole idea behind these was that there is no heat source inside the food chamber, and that all heat was intended to be supplied from burning charcoal on the top of the lid (which already has a supplied grate), with the heat radiating downward to the pig through the metal lining.

I thought the whole idea behind these was that there is no heat source inside the food chamber, and that all heat was intended to be supplied from burning charcoal on the top of the lid (which already has a supplied grate), with the heat radiating downward to the pig through the metal lining.
This is how they are intended, I cannot remember but I thought I seen a picture of one of these burning up from the coals being inside.

Yes links dont show but i can see them on my phone by tapping screen. On computer i believe its right click and view.

Nice piggy

Thanks. On tablet now and pics open when I touch the screen.

Good job on that pig.

Nice of you to do the cooking Sam! Bet it was delicious!!
I can't see the pics, but will keep trying. :grin:

Back