Roasted Chicken-chicken is not BBQ

Nicely done. I really like to use ceompound butter under the skin and the way it both adds flavor and helps keep the meat moist. Bet that would make a great rotisserie bird too!

Great cook! Love roasted chicken. $4 for a bird is a great deal too for quality chicken that tastes like something. Vs most of the mass produced flavorless supermarket birds.

I ate really well this weekend: grilled salmon, smoked salmon, marinated flap meat, pork chops, beef Bourguignon, and a wonderful Thai stew. I want your chicken too. Is that wrong?

chickplateclose_zps329f311d.jpg

Great cook Bob... :mrgreen:

I started out doing beer can chicken, then butterfly style, now i need to try tying up a chicken..... wait that don't sound right :doh: It all looks good Bob!

Great cook and great pics.Some may discount chicken as pedestrian food but it`s hard to beat for flavor, ease of cook and cost.Love it.

To this day I have never spatchcocked a bird. I had given thought to perhaps trying, but this OP gives me pause to that notion now. Very nice bird, indeed.

To this day I have never spatchcocked a bird. I had given thought to perhaps trying, but this OP gives me pause to that notion now. Very nice bird, indeed.

We spatchcocked a turkey this past Thanksgiving, and it turned out great. I don't really see a need for chicken. I beer can them on the smoker, or rotisserie them on my gas grill, or fry them in cast iron.

We spatchcocked a turkey this past Thanksgiving, and it turned out great. I don't really see a need for chicken. I beer can them on the smoker, or rotisserie them on my gas grill, or fry them in cast iron.

I've done chickens and turkeys both ways, I can't honestly say I prefer it one way or the other. For turkeys it sure seems to making the cooking faster and more even!

Back