Road Trip To "The Jack"...

This is awesome...got to meet MooCow, Kosmo, and D-Gas while setting up camp...back to the hotel and a regular guest greeted me with a bottle of Gentleman Jack for luck...talk about Southern hospitality...:thumb:

Busy day tomorrow...lunch at Mary Bobo's...tour of the distillery...pick up our barrel head...finish setting up camp...then dinner with my brother, sister, and nephew...:cool:

Made it today about 3PM, met JD and several teams I've been looking forward to meet in person and couldn't ask for a better time. Looking forward to tomorrow and wish everyone competing the BEST OF LUCK!

Arrived safe and somewhat sound in St. Joseph, MO this evening...found a quarter on heads at the gas station earlier and stuck it in my pocket...when we got to our hotel they upgraded us to a whirlpool suite...sweet! :p So...me and Mrs. JD took full advantage of the situation...:icon_blush:

TheJack2010045.jpg

Ahhhhhhhhhhh.........

TheJack2010049.jpg

Windy as heck today...more winds to come tomorrow...lookin' at snow when we hit the Montana passes...woohoo! :tsk:

White knuckle driving day yesterday...all day long...serious 40-60 mph side and head winds whippin' us all over the place. Arrived safe and a bit frazzled in Rapid City, SD around 7pm last night. Up an at 'em early this morning expecting more of the same with some snow in the mix until early evening...woohoo! Hopefully we'll run out of it sooner than later.

I think the wind will let off some around Duvall. Safe travels.

Made it home safe and sound yesterday...holy moly...what an amazing road trip! :p I hope to be able to do it all over again real soon! :becky: Here are the pics...CLICK...video is coming! :cool:

Glad you made it home safe and sound. The Jack would not have been the same with out you guys. I don't know what your doing next October but why don't we try to meet back at spot 44 and 43?

BTW those are awesome photos...thanks for sharing.

Glad you made it home safe and sound. The Jack would not have been the same with out you guys. I don't know what your doing next October but why don't we try to meet back at spot 44 and 43?

BTW those are awesome photos...thanks for sharing.

Thanks David! :p Sounds like a plan! :thumb:

Glad you guy's made it back in one piece. Great pics almost like I was there! Thanks for posting and keeping us up to date on the trip. I sure was jealous when I watched the sattelite feed. :-D

Back