Road Trip To "The Jack"...

Safe travels JD and Rhanna. We pull out behind you on Monday. See you in Lynchburg!

We arrived alive and whooped in Bozeman, MT after 13 hours and 3 mountain ranges...Cascades...Bitter Roots...and Rockies...averaged 9 MPG along the way...:shocked:...that's gonna make a dent in the ol wallet...:tsk:

Absolutely beautiful weather and scenery to boot...next stop...Mitchell, SD...:becky:

We arrived alive and whooped in Bozeman, MT after 13 hours and 3 mountain ranges...Cascades...Bitter Roots...and Rockies...averaged 9 MPG along the way...:shocked:...that's gonna make a dent in the ol wallet...:tsk:

Absolutely beautiful weather and scenery to boot...next stop...Mitchell, SD...:becky:

Consider it a trip of a lifetime JD.

Everyone going to the Jack have a safe trip going and returning home.
Have fun and good luck to everybody!

Have a safe trip JD and keep an eye on that trailer. Maybe you should have a boot for the trailer wheel. It seems like a lot of trailers are getting stolen.

Have a safe trip JD and keep an eye on that trailer. Maybe you should have a boot for the trailer wheel. It seems like a lot of trailers are getting stolen.

Thanks man...I have a lock on the receiver and the hitch...at least I can slow them down. But ya know...if a thief really wants your rig...there ain't much you can do about it...:tsk:

You'll be among us flatlanders soon and your mileage should improve.:becky:
Good luck.

You'll be among us flatlanders soon and your mileage should improve.:becky:
Good luck.

LOL! That's fer sure...I normally get 15 or so pullin' the trailer but those mountain grades sure suck it up...and I'm only runnin' 60-65 mph on average.

Longest leg of the journey yesterday...800 miles...15 hours...avg. speed 60-65 mph...ain't even goin' there on the gas mileage...:rolleyes: Rain most of the day intil late afternoon...elevation dropped from 6000 to 1800...:cool: The geograhpy was awesome...so many different terrains. Next stop...Columbis MO...only 500 miles today...WOOHOO! Lookin' to hit Smokin' Guns BBQ on the way...pics to come later.

Time to go! :becky:

JD

Where you at Willis??

I'd call, but with my luck it'll cost you another $125!

Columbia, MO...at least for the next hour or so...then it's on to Tennessee...:clap2::clap2::clap2: Pretty cool day yesterday...dropping down from South Dakota into Iowa then in to Missouri. Crossing the Mighty Missouri River was cool too. We hit Kansas City at rush hour...:shocked:...those folks are in a hurry to get home! :becky:

Weather was great...sunny and 60-70...lot's of road construction on I-29 from Sioux Falls down to just north of KC...FYI...

Next stop...Lynchburg! :thumb: Pics are coming...

JD

We arrived safe and sound in Manchester, TN this evening...20 miles from Lynchburg. :becky: Great drive through from Columbia, MO...got to see the Gateway Arch in St. louis...crossed the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers...and got a great view of the Nashville skyline on I-24. Had a great catfish dinner at O'Charlie's in Manchester along with a few cold ones and a shot of Gentleman Jack or two for luck...:becky: Dropping off the trailer in Lynchburg tomorrow morning then on to McMinnville to show my wife where I grew up...:cool: Pics are coming...really...:wink:

JD

JD -
Thanks for all of the updates on your trip. I am going to live vicariously through you, Rhanna, and SwamprB this week. No pressure though!
Looking forward to the pics.
Cook well!

Back