THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

seattlepitboss

is one Smokin' Farker
In a few days I'm off to a remote retreat with 49 other guys. On Saturday night we generally roast ribeye roasts up in the oven. I'm looking for ways to add a little flavor. Don't get me wrong, a little s+p and a well roasted piece of rib roast is pretty good. I'm just wondering if there was something more I could do.

seattlepitboss

Cut slits in it and push in whole or half cloves of garlic

You mean the FEC won't give enough flavor?:biggrin:
CountryHB had posted a rib roast his buddy had speared a green onion and a sprig of rosemary through. Always wanted to try that.

052408011.jpg

052408017.jpg

Never before I see rib roast speared with rosemary. Neat idea. Anyone have any experience with this? Is there much goodie juice loss?

I have done a lot of prime rib in an oven, just give it a liberal dose of medium coarse salt and medium grind pepper over a garlic slather. If I am feeling fancy, I put some dried herbs on. I layer onions under the roast. These can become part of the pan gravy later. Then sear at 450F for an hour, drop temps to 275F until done.

Back