THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Derek - here's one I got from a guy on another board that I really like:

Put a cup of pineapple juice plus 1 T dry sherry (or 1 T apple vinegar) and one clove garlic, peeled and crushed lightly with the side of a knife, in a small pot and bring it to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and allow the juice mix to simmer, uncovered, till it is reduced by half. Remove the garlic clove.

Add 1/4 t ground ginger (or 1/8 t if you prefer), 4 T ketchup, 2 T brown sugar, 2 t soy sauce, 2 t honey and mix well. Bring to a simmer over medium heat then reduce the heat to medium-low and cook, stirring frequently, till the sauce is further reduced, thicker and syrupy. Remove from heat, add 2-3 drops of lime juice (if desired), cover; reserve off heat.

Apply to the ribs with a pastry brush at the end of cooking.

I mop it in a mixture of pineapple juice, worsteshire, teryaki, and balsamic (very little) that I boiled/simmered to blend them and reduce down to a sauce-like consistency. Turns out very good.

This is the spray / Mop I use

ÿ 1 cup apple juice
ÿ 1 cup apple cider vinegar
ÿ 1/2 Captain Morgan’s Original spiced rum.

1/4 cider vinegar, 1/2 apple juice, 1/4 dark beer. Spray after half way done every 30min.

give kids remaining apple juice, and you drink the rest of the beer.

This is the Spay/Mop I use on beef, poultry, and pork.

1/4 cup Olive Oil
20 ounces Apple Juice or Cider
14 ounces Beef Broth
1/4 cup Worcestershire
1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar

John

If I do anything in a comp, I spray. Because mopping can rub away the rub in some cases and cause presentation issues. I like to spritz apple juice on ribs. Simple, and adds a nice extra layer of flavor.

Back