THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How'd you loose 1? usually the only time I've ever had a problem with losin' food is:
1) something is hanging too far over the edge of the tray and is going to catch on another tray or the rotis rod.
2) I forget to clamp the large X brackets down tight enough... seems like the heat expansion and movement like to loosen the thumb screws if they don't get that "lil' extra twist".
3) Sometimes the food isn't flat, like the tenderlions I did in this post, they plump up and want to roll around, if I don't put some sort of "tire chocks" next to them.

How do you like you R-O-L other than the occasional "tithing"?

Cowgirl love your stuff...

I used the ribolator on the drum last night....great results except we lost one to the god of coals.....Im sitting there with my freind and saying "The drum sure is putting out the smoke" FIve minutes later..."THats too much smoke"

Hey there are only three racks! THey came out great!

How'd you loose 1? usually the only time I've ever had a problem with losin' food is:
1) something is hanging too far over the edge of the tray and is going to catch on another tray or the rotis rod.
2) I forget to clamp the large X brackets down tight enough... seems like the heat expansion and movement like to loosen the thumb screws if they don't get that "lil' extra twist".
3) Sometimes the food isn't flat, like the tenderlions I did in this post, they plump up and want to roll around, if I don't put some sort of "tire chocks" next to them.

How do you like you R-O-L other than the occasional "tithing"?

Good advice Ryan, but I'd also advise to use a grate beneath the R-O-L, as a preventive measure! I've seen posts of folks complaining of trays tipping or dumping meats, and its from uneven loading or meats hanging over the trays- some times a little trimming is all thats needed to keep things on the level.

for those of you who already own a rib-o-lator, you can now join the rib-o-lator group to post pics and give advice.

Back