Restaurant depot

Was curious about that as well. If you have no license can you still go the the Restaurant Depot and pay admission or buy a membership or something? There is one about 15 miles from me and I'd like to see what it's all about.

no ..
no memberships..

One of the few places that care enough for their customers as to provide large winter coats for your use in the cooler They know most of us wiill lose track of time, drooling and wondering how to get all this stuff home. Shoulders(clods), cases and cases of beef, chicken and pork. All has been good so far. 20# Royal Oak lump $8.42.Fun place, Steve.

while i was checking out a guy ran up and covered the meat I had in the box with cold paks for the ride home.. a bit overkill since I only had a 1o min ride but hey I love customer service like that

My question is, is it worth driving 120 miles there and 120 miles back instead of just going to Sams club in town?

It depends if you getting a case of ribs then NO If your getting 800lbs of Pork butts at .83 cents a lbs. then yes...

I drive a six hour round trip, mainly because price and access. Can't get the same stuff local and I always have somewhere to go or someone to see in K.C. It is worth the drive for me. Steve.

I have not shopped there long but have noticed the nonfrozen, single, meat cryo-packages in the cooler cases do not have sell-by or expiration dates. Other than using the meat right away, any tips on how to deal with this. thanks, t

You guys have me sold. It is only about 30 minutes ( without bad traffic :icon_pissed) from the house and as i work for a scout camp and do buy food for them from time to time i can use their tax no. and when i am there also pick up stuff for myself. I don;t have a catering business, but do cook for large groups (80-100) at camp, school, etc. Can't wait to check it out.

If it is only 30 Minutes away, it will be well worth the trip.
Your biggest problem will be spending too much.
It's real easy to get carried away.

How many hoops must one jump thru to get a Business License, say with the city or county of residence? Can you say you are starting a catering biz, pay a fee and get license and thats it? Or to you also have to grease a health inspector, show a p&l for renewal, etc.??? TIA!
There is a lot of good info about this subject in the Catering section. Check it out!

Back