THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Thanks Jeanie!:cool: Coming from you that's a big compliment:biggrin: The only downside to the crockpot onions is how long you have to smell those onions carmelizing (it took 12 hours). I thought i was going to lose my mind for a bit. I was sooooo craving onion rings!:lol: Oh, I don't know if I mentioned it in the thread, but when the crock of onions got hot, I offset the lid so that the moisture could escape. I drizzled them with oil before cooking too, should probably go without saying but though I better mention just in case anyone forgets that. That would be tough to clean without oil I bet.

Thanks Chris, I'll have to try that next batch I make. I do have a posole receipe that I put 4 to 5 dried chipotle chiles (not canned) in and they are an added bonus to eat. They soften up and expand quite a bit and flavor the posole perfectly.

NICE!!! I must try the chile pod chunks and the broth next time! That looks like some hearty chili. I'd most definitely hit a few bowls of that! Nicely done!!!! The skin on the pods will turn soft after soaking for a while and the meat on the pod rehydrates nicely too. Should make for a nice contrast in flavor and texture since it's a nice piece and not in powder form. I like your thinking.:eusa_clap

Back