Recommend me a good mustard

Frenchs from Costco for General Hotdog etc
Maiiles for things like Cornbeef or quality sandwich etc

TJ0929 (1).jpg

Reading this post its amazing how a spice has influenced the world so much.
I grew up with English hot breakfast mustard

We have a few mustards.
Whenever I’m in north jersey I stop in Pulaski meats to get smoked Kielbasa and Pulaski mustard. https://pulaskimeats.com/production/ Best smoked Kielbasa you will find anywhere!
You can also get their mustard on amazon Pulaski POLISH STYLE MUSTARD (7.25oz) & Pulaski HOT MUSTARD SAUCE (5 fl oz) 2 pack By Granda https://www.amazon.com/dp/B086M6GKC3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_CBSBFbWX0HSZD

I also like Kosciusko Spicy Brown Mustard
I use Nathan’s deli style mustard On sandwiches and hot dogs.
We also have mr mustard, Frenches, and grey poupon in The house.

Now I need to try the one in the glass that was mentioned here.
There's a Polish grocery store nearby that just opened a couple months ago. It's actually more of a plaza/strip center that is finally being opened. The property has been sort of a curiosity to us locals a long time. The company is based in Hamtramck, downtown Detroit. They broke ground and put the building up maybe 6 years ago. Has sat there unused until recently.

There's a Polish restaurant next to the grocery store. They sell kielbasa smoked by the grocer...best I've ever had. Can smell the smoke in the parking lot.

There are plans to open a beer garden at the place that have been delayed due to covid.

Srodek's

Reading this post its amazing how a spice has influenced the world so much.
I grew up with English hot breakfast mustard
No idea what that is but if they sell it @Amazon please post a link :wink:

There's a Polish grocery store nearby that just opened a couple months ago. It's actually more of a plaza/strip center that is finally being opened. The property has been sort of a curiosity to us locals a long time. The company is based in Hamtramck, downtown Detroit. They broke ground and put the building up maybe 6 years ago. Has sat there unused until recently.

There's a Polish restaurant next to the grocery store. They sell kielbasa smoked by the grocer...best I've ever had. Can smell the smoke in the parking lot.

There are plans to open a beer garden at the place that have been delayed due to covid.

Srodek's

Sounds like a wonderful place! I’m sure you will enjoy a lot of good meals there.

The polish grocery store also sounds similar to Pulaski Meats in a linden NJ. the back half of the building is walk in smokers that smells wonderful. I never really thought a about it because I don’t stop to drink, but there is a beer garden/ Resturant around the corner that is connected to the Aft end of the Pulaski building.

348s.jpg

a6ae8f2dc6fa88cd167ee480a6c85329_-united-states-new-jersey-union-county-linden-244124-pulaski-meat-productshtm.jpg

09c2061c9aeb0507fdd667f4b6980ec4_-united-states-new-jersey-union-county-linden-244124-pulaski-meat-productshtm.jpg

2BAA600B_6989_4A8E_9BAA_DC632150A9AD_IMG_2796.PNG
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
A friend brought me this from Iowa, along with some brats and various sausages. Wonderful stuff, but best in small doses!

Last edited:
These are about the only ones we use anymore.

turun-sinappia.jpg

I usually bring back about 10 tubes whenever I go to Finland. I see you can get them in the US, like through Amazon for instance. The different colors are different styles. All are good. There also is a very similar styled one in a tube with very similar coloration that also is excellent.

Had to drop some glass off at the recycle bin in the grocery store parking lot this morning so I ran inside to see what they had available.

Today’s haul

I used the Maille on a sandwich with Turkey and Gouda...pretty tasty :thumb: thanks for the recommendations everyone

Last edited:
These are about the only ones we use anymore.

turun-sinappia.jpg

I usually bring back about 10 tubes whenever I go to Finland. I see you can get them in the US, like through Amazon for instance. The different colors are different styles. All are good. There also is a very similar styled one in a tube with very similar coloration that also is excellent.
I'm 99.2% Finnish by genealogical testing and would love to try those. Looked them up on Amazon. Kind of expensive in the quantities offered. Which of the varieties would you recommend as a starter to try? I'm okay with some heat but don't want to start with something that'll blow my head off.

Some other interesting looking mustards in that link. Anyone ever try Koops'?

You can search on Mendocino mustard's, there are plenty to try. They are sweet plus fancy mustard tastings. Not a fan myself, but it might fit the bill.

Back