Rancher Charcoal Sale?

It's on SALE in SoCal guys. I just called. Go get 'em!!!
I just picked up some at our local Home Depot(on Warner for you locals) to try out. There was a bunch and they were at $2.99. I hope I have good luck with these, if so I'll stock up at that price.

Just called HD here & they say it is $3.74/bag...think I'll clean them out :lol:

sign said $2.99 in St. Louis, they have about 50 bags or so. bought 5 more, will have to find a way to convince wife to get more

Picked up 10 bags in Madison at $2.99.
Even if it's not as good as RO lump, it's about a third the price.
And of course, all you Brothers in the "know" wouldn't lie to the rest of us!

Just called the store I got it at last time. They said that they have 3 palletsof it and it's on sale for 2.99. Guess where I'm headed.

Called the store near here...2.99 per bag!!! Called my wife and told her to not park in the garage tonight!!! LOL! :biggrin:

Picked up 10 bags @ 2.99 ea. at the HD in Bothell, WA on my way home from work. Great stuff! :biggrin:

Definitely more ash remains than with K but who cares, I just empty our the ash pan one extra time. I picked up four bags a few days ago for $3.74, Looks like it is cheaper today. I will check on it tomorrow.

Definitely more ash remains than with K but who cares, I just empty our the ash pan one extra time. I picked up four bags a few days ago for $3.74, Looks like it is cheaper today. I will check on it tomorrow.

I mentioned on another thread the "swirling ash" I noted when I cooked on 2 of my UDS's yesterday. Well this afternoon I went to move the drums under cover and noticed ash had covered part an area on the lids around the vent (Weber lids) but the drum I used Kingsford in had not. The intakes were all closed on them, it just seemed odd. I'm still not knocking Rancher, but just wondering if anyone else is concerned about comp meats and the ash, since I saw quite a few bags at the Lincoln City comp. I did not notice it when I used it in my Kamado, and had not seen it using it in a WSM. It could have been caused by fats dripping on the coals, but others have noticed it and mentioned it before I paid any attention to it.

Brian

Where's the farkin luck?? :cry:
\

Here's the luck... 480#'s, 24 bags, $78.12 baybeee. Yeehaw. Only filled the back of my truck 1/2 way and kicked myself in the arse for not buying more. I might pick up more before it's over. What I have should last through next May.

Got charcoal.

TYPICAL!! same thing in Hawaii, not on sale! Still 4.99 a bag! (still a good price, but I prefer 2.99!):rolleyes:
I tried tying in the sku# 990-367 or 990-347 at homedepot.com-and came up with zero results...

Picked up 10 bags last week at the 4.99 price, used it at Leesport. I thought it had less ash then RO briquets, way less than Kingscrap. Put 40lbs and a couple logs in my MC at 7:30pm, at 3:00am I still had a good bed of coals and added a few more logs. Put in 20 lbs more 7:00am, that lasted the rest of the cook. I thought it was pretty good stuff, so I went and bought a whole pallet (60 Bags) at the 2.99 price today. Stashed 50 bags in my warehouse, got 10 at home, I'm set for a long time!

Went to the HD in my neighborhood. Said they haven't had any since the 4th of July. Gotta find another HD!

I just cleaned out Oxnard for their last 11 bags!:biggrin:
Buddy called me a little while after I left and said that Oxnard was out and only had Kingsford!:twisted:

Proud owner of 600 pounds of Rancher!!:biggrin:

Just picked up another 20 bags today at the HD on
Sawmill Rd. in Columbus Ohio for $2.99 each!!:biggrin:

Hear that Chinesebob and any other Columbus Brethren?

They should have about 60 bags left.

Got home and the wife saw the bed of the truck and
asked "Just how much did all THAT cost!?!" :roll::oops:

I told her the per bag cost and she said "That's half the price of the Kingsford isn't it?"
(gotta love the fact that she actually knows how much Kingsford costs!!:-D)

I knew I was in the clear then!!! :lol:

WHEW!!!!....for a minute I thought I was going to be sleeping on the deck tonight!!:lol:

Back