Rain on my parade, and then more rain, and more rain

brog315

Knows what a fatty is.
Our team was so excited to head north for our 1st experience of both the American Royal Invitational and Open. Looks like mother nature and Harvey has other plans for us.

After damage to my house from a tornado, water in a teammates house, and impassable roads to get my pit, I am coming to the realization that the trip is highly unlikely.

All in all, my family and teammates are lucky compared to many, many others. And I know a missed bbq competition is not the end of the world but disappointed nonetheless. I pray for relief and help for all affected.

Thankfully it wasn't worse for you. I have family and friends all over the area. They have all had some water and wind damage, but nothing catastrophic. There is always next year. The wife and I are going to judge sides and open meats this year. It will be our first time there.

Our team was so excited to head north for our 1st experience of both the American Royal Invitational and Open. Looks like mother nature and Harvey has other plans for us.

After damage to my house from a tornado, water in a teammates house, and impassable roads to get my pit, I am coming to the realization that the trip is highly unlikely.

All in all, my family and teammates are lucky compared to many, many others. And I know a missed bbq competition is not the end of the world but disappointed nonetheless. I pray for relief and help for all affected.

Might be the right time to Volunteer with Operation BBQ Relief, you will have folks eat your food that truly appreciate it.

Stay safe down there, you guys are in our thoughts!

This will be our first year competing at the Royal in the open and we are stoked to be going, I can only imagine your excitement to compete both days. I'm sure your cooker being stranded is only a small part of you reasons for not making it to KC but if it helps any I could bring a couple of my extra 22" WSM's if that would help you make it.

Good luck to you. Remember you don't have to look too far to find someone else in worse straights than you.
Ed

Back