THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I usually can be found with a diet coke in hand.

Phil tells me that I drink beer. But that's only at Hooters.

parrothead said:
Without sugar I hope. It's the only way to have it.

BARF!!! Only a Yankee! :biggrin:

When I'm Qing at home, morning hours, it's definitely coffee. I like a half shot or so of Bailey's in my coffee every day, even on work days. Never get anything out of it other than flavor. I drink lots of water while cooking too.

At competitions, I'll often pop a beer while working but a couple of hours later, I might find it sitting warm and 3/4 full. At DeSoto, I enjoyed the party awhile after the Friday evening work was done. But I took 1 or 2 cases of water with me to each contest and came home with very few left while I still had most of my beer in a cooler.

I'm drinking water or Gatorade most of the time, especially earlier in the day. Occasionally, iced tea too (sweet or unsweet).

More so in the summer, later in the day it will be various beer and hard ciders (Woodpecker, Cider Jack, Hardcore Cider etc.)

At home--cold cheap beer or SWEEEEET TEA. Properly done Southern SweeTea should hold the spoon upright in the glass and make your dentist smile--all the way to the bank
icon_biggrin.gif

At comps--Coke or Water, unless staying over after awards. Then "gallons" of libations to either celebrate
icon_biggrin.gif
or drown my sorrow
icon_evil.gif

TIM

parrothead said:
If some is joining me for drinks then the Cabo Wabo comes out. "Tequila makes my clothes fall off".

Damn, I do not want to see that! Remind me no tequila at your house.

Light beer in moderation when I'm at competition....tried the hard stuff and results varied!!!
@ Home
Smirnoff Orange Twist and Sprite Zero.
With Chicken & Pork
Jim Beam & Diet Coke..
With Steak & Brisket
Captain Morgan's Private stock on Ice...
With Surf & Turf

Most of the time, either water, iced tea (not sweet), or Diet Coke. Once in a while I'll have a beer (usually dark), a rum and Diet Coke or a G&T.

I like to either drink coffee, pop or George Dickel #12. When tailgating I like to drink a beer or two.

chris

Sorry all I just realized I never really posted for myself.

I like beer, gotta be fairly dark. Guiness, Bass are pretty much my main brews. I just don't really belive in drinking a beer you can see through. I do enjoy a good mixed drink on occasion. I haven't had the fun yet of an alnighter but I can definitely say it'll be coffee (mid-watch brew). As for the Iced Tea, I like it both ways but if it's got sugar, it's gotta have the lemon in it too.

JTMcD

well at a comp its a different story.
I drink as much beer as i can until i pass out and then i drink some more

competition beverages

this is a fun one....normally we have a gigantic cooler filled to the brim with all fun beers ( all types of Harpoon, Magic Hat, Killian's, Sierra Something, and the quintessential morning beverage....Mike's Hard lemonade) Then there is the Bud Light cooler (also full) Most times there is a bottle of Cabo in the "fun" cooler too, but we keep the Gentleman Jack or the Single Barrel at "room temp". That will make an appearance once the sun goes down. In the morning I ALWAYS have a thirty cup percolater going very early (sunrise)...since I usually take the overnight watch. There is lots of Gatorade or Powerade, good for hangovers, but the best thing for those, imo, is a frosty Sobe, (I like the orange one) but anyone of them that has guarana as an ingredient will kill a hangover usually by the time you finish drinking it. Learned that one from the Brazilian community when I worked late nights in restaurants/bars. That stuff is unbelievable....welcome to my world.....

music while Q'n

JohnMcD348 said:
I think I remember a thread some months ago asking what we listen to when we Que.

JTMcD.

since I missed that thread, I'll chime in now...lunchmeat listens to the Blues. Old, new, mainstream and "lost, but we found it". Our trip to "research" MIM last year nailed that solid. Nowhere in "Yankee country" can you go somewhere and get take-out 20 oz beers for $4 and see bands playing in the alleys until five a.m. Beale Street...what a great place! I highly recommend it if you can get there. ciao

water , mostly.... maybe a Sam Adams, or 6, if the sun starts balzing down on me:wink:

Back