Question for Backyard Folks: Who does the cooking?

I do all the cooking and always have... All the cleaning too. Now the kids are teenagers, they help a lot, so I don't do laundy etc. My wife honestly refuses to cook and always has. I'm not happy about it, but she is up at 6 every morning and in the office working. Can't complain about that... and I do love cooking.

I do all the cooking and always have as well as the grocery shopping. My wife can cook, she just doesn't enjoy it like I do. Now that I think about it, it's probably why she married me. Every once in awhile after a tough day at work I'll ask her to heat up dinner as I always cook enough on the weekends for some quick leftover meals during the week. She'll say "I have to cook?", and I'm like "all you have to do is put it in the freakin microwave, fine I'll do it." That usually works on her and then I can relax and watch a little T.V. :wink:

She cooks. I Clean. except when i BBQ. Then i cook... and i clean :( She was a vegetarian (shh) not anymore but she still only eats chicken and fish, so she never eats anything off my BBQ. Got her to nibble a rib one time tho to try it.

I do all the cooking at my place. I am married but my wife is not a good good. The only thing she can make is tuna helper from the box, (which she thinks that it is the best thing in the world)... To me YUCK!... I like me some smoked meat. She tries and I am glad for that but I try to do all the cooking also because my doctor told to me to lose weight or I would die before i was even close to 30. So far I lost over 100 pounds and I do all the cooking i even cook ribs. But i do more chicken then anything. So it is all good in my household. Losing weight and BBQ is not a good combo because all the good food is not the best for me. But o well i am getting threw it.

I cook inside and out. If you ever tasted my wife's cooking you'd know why. It works out pretty well, I do all the cooking and she does the dishes. If I'm mad at her I make sure to dirty as much as possible. :)

Back